by lost Contributor
Contributor

| have £10 credit but cant get add on

I am new to this, I have a mifi, there is £10 credit on the (account PAYG) topped up 2 days ago.

Using the mifi and tablet connected to ee on the app I can see my top up history and that I have 0 data remaining. when I click to get add on's the nex page is "FORBIDDEN" says the message, of " sorry something went wrong its our fault "

I have tried to get add on's from my desk top but it insists that I have to use the wfi/ee connection.

I rang, the poor girl found it difficult to tell me if I had roaming ( Canaries ) or not and unable to help with the add ons issue or let me purchase an add on over the phone.

Is there any other way of getting a data add on .

I tried making contact with chat, but after selecting from dropdown options it informed me that subject wasnt covered.

Any suggestions or options, the way I feel at the moment is write off the credit and try someone else.

Lost

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by lost Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Re: | have £10 credit but cant get add on

Hi Lee_H,

I have replied to your PM, though not sure if it was sent / recieved by you..

is there a landline telephone number I can call ?

An update. I have found out the reason for my dilema.

There is an ongoing transfer of data from system to another, you can guess the rest ,but is taking time to sort.

I called customer services after this and am able to get addons by phone for now.

A big thanks to you all , Lee_H,   customer services and ee IT chaps

14 REPLIES 14
by lost Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can I Use 4GEE WiFi Mini With A Vodafone Data SIM?

Hi XRaySpeX, I have been trying to purchase add on's with out luck, I've just tried the link

"Good! You can just buy data add-ons for the EE SIM when you like by browsing to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from it."

doesnt work for me , is it correct ?

Lost

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I Use 4GEE WiFi Mini With A Vodafone Data SIM?

@lost: What does it do instead?

You need to access it from a device connected to your 4GEE WiFi Mini.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lost: Connect to your MBB router from 1 of your devices & browse to http://192.168.1.1 . Login as "admin"/"admin" if necessary. It should show a link to check & buy more data.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by lost Contributor
Contributor

Using the mifi and tablet connected to ee on the app I can see my top up history and that I have 0 data remaining. when I click to get add on's the nex page is "FORBIDDEN" says the message, of " sorry something went wrong its our fault "  on 1.1 logged in to MiFi  only options are set up,status sms. I have sent to 150 Balance request, it replies with balance and a link to MyEE ee.co.uk/myee this link takes me back to the non functioning add on page FORBIDDEN" says the message, of " sorry something went wrong its our fault .

also note on the status page roaming is off, how do I turn on roaming ? cant online /on the app/ call centre girl couldnt help either .

Still at a total loss on this . I cant understand why some one would release an incomplete / non functioning app . I still have £10 credit that I cant spend on a non roaming service, and the nearest ee shop is over 50 mies away....

Thanks for your interest

Lost

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lost,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you currently in the UK?

Which mobile broadband device are you using?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lost wrote:

on 1.1 (192.168.1.1 presumably) logged in to MiFi  only options are set up,status sms.

Use the Status one.

by lost Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

james_B

In UK. Huawei E5776-42cs

XRaySpeX

Gone to status info shown

Network 4g

Roaming  off.      Was assured it was on by call centre

SIM status.  SIM ready

Connection.   Connected

Sent. 87.35 kB

Recieved.  220.53

Current wan.  1

I sent a balance request text to 150 still shows £10  and 151mb from original purchase

Reinstalled we app no change. App developer sent message to contact them on face book or Twitter. I don't use either !

Still confused.

Thanks so far

by
EE Employee

Hi @lost,

What is displayed when you head over to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase?

Many thanks,

Lee

by lost Contributor
Contributor

when I click to get add on's using the desk top  the nex page is "FORBIDDEN" on the tablet using MiFi  the message, of " sorry something went wrong its our fault " or "page will be comming soon"

by
EE Employee

Hi @lost

Thanks for trying this for us.

I have sent you a private message on here, so I can get some details from you.

Thanks,

Lee

by lost Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Hi Lee_H,

I have replied to your PM, though not sure if it was sent / recieved by you..

is there a landline telephone number I can call ?

An update. I have found out the reason for my dilema.

There is an ongoing transfer of data from system to another, you can guess the rest ,but is taking time to sort.

I called customer services after this and am able to get addons by phone for now.

A big thanks to you all , Lee_H,   customer services and ee IT chaps

by wileybusiness Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Get broadband.

by lost Contributor
Contributor

Get broadband.,  but when your out and about of on holidays , the length of cable is a bit restrictive Smiley LOL  just joking !

by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.