by topyenom Investigator
Investigator

crank up your data

Anyone else receive the EE email to 'crank up your data'?

I received an offer from EE to switch from a 30Gb monthly plan costing £30 to a 60 Gb 12-month plan for £26-10. All I had to do was call the call centre 0800 956 3104.

So I did. It is a kosher call centre. The email isn't a scam; I got this verified by a store manager who checked it out and rang it for me.

And guess what? They say they don't know anything about that offer but they can offer me a 24-month deal for just £50Gb for around the same as I'm paying.

So I went back in store and they couldn't give me the offer although they reconfirmed that everything about the email looks genuine and that call centre number is the right one.

What's going on EE? Does the left hand not know what the right one is doing? You have here a customer who wants to take up the deal and you can't supply it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by topyenom Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: crank up your data

I am very impressed with EE...

I guy called Lee from EE called me to discuss the issue. Was this the same Lee who has been kind enough to respond in this forum?

We ended up with a positive outcome where EE retains a customer and I end up with something a little different from that emailed me but still a great package. Good result EE.

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Employee

Hi @topyenom and welcome to the community.

Please let me look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by topyenom Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Lee.

EE did something like this in January 2017 as well - emails and texts went out to customers but call centre was unaware. Seems there was a typo in the price as well but most people got the deal paying either the typoed price of £16-10 or the intended £26-10. Link to thread follows.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ee-data-sim-64gb-per-month-for-1610pm-12-month-contract-total-19320...

I'd be happy with 64Gb at £26-10 over 12-months. I wouldn't touch a 24-month deal as price of data is likely to fall.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@topyenom That was the same offer I (eventually) got.  EE sent me a text offering me that special offer plan....it took about 3 weeks to sort out and find someone at EE who actually knew how to build the plan EE where actually offering me.

I ended up going via complaints and they magically managed to find someone at EE who knew how to build that plan for me.

It wasn't a typo, but the reason why EE couldn't offer it to everyone though was because it was a targeted offer only so unless you personally received either a text or email offering you that offer, EE could not offer it to anyone else.

by topyenom Investigator
Investigator

Thanks jmitchel.

I'll see if Lee can help before having to go to 'complaints'.

Seems a bit 'random' for the marketing people to go to all the effort of selectively targeting people who then can't actually get the product - a marketing campaign with virtually no take-up! (except for those who complained). Shouldn't someone in EE marketing spotted a problem?

I checked my router and it received the text message with the same offer as the email. And as EE is the only one in the world to know the combination of my 4G data sim number, my email address and the unique name EE has as account holder, the offer must be 100% from EE.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @topyenom

I've not forgot about you 🙂 I'm still on the case of finding information out.

Many thanks,

Lee

by topyenom Investigator
Investigator
Solution

I am very impressed with EE...

I guy called Lee from EE called me to discuss the issue. Was this the same Lee who has been kind enough to respond in this forum?

We ended up with a positive outcome where EE retains a customer and I end up with something a little different from that emailed me but still a great package. Good result EE.

by
EE Employee

Hi @topyenom 

I would love to take credit, but it was not me 🙂

I'm glad you are now sorted though 🙂

Cheers

"The Other Lee" 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.