by mustang27
Visitor

can i take ee to court over them taking money from my account regarding subscrip

hi can anyone help I have a Mywifi dongle so that I can access the internet etc but have noticed on this sight and my bill that i am billed for subscriptions.

I no I have no mobile phone contract just the Mywifi box with sim in it.

I pay for internet and very careful on web,etc.

I have phoned ee direct about being charged for a subscription that i know i did not subscribed too and feel this is a scam,can I legally contact my MP in the uk too show that ee are scamming customers/taking there cut of the monies?

There is a bit of discussion on cancelling the service but this does not work I just went and looked up the company that ee said I have subscribed too and on my tesco mobile I record all calls as a legal back up.

I'm not working so on limited budget but need internet/no landline to accsess the web.

There is something strange about this and I want to take this further with GOV and media and feed back most welcome.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: can i take ee to court over them taking money from my account regarding subs

You probably clicked an invitation to something while browsing from one of your devices. 

Have you looked in the SMS Inbox of your MBB router to see if the service provider has sent you texts about this subscription and how to cancel it? What number are they from?

You agreed to EE taking payments on behalf of service providers in the T&Cs. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: can i take ee to court over them taking money from my account regarding subs

Hi @mustang27

Welcome to the community. 

You can find details of the company who charged you by searching the number or subscription name on our charges to mobile page.

If you have contacted the correct company and are still not happy with an explanation or solution, I recommend speaking to the Phone-Paid Services Authority, who regulate these services.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.