by robn1979 Investigator
Investigator

WiFiCall not working on iPhone 7

Is anyone else having problems with WiFICall on iPhone7? When on WiFiCall, all calls get sent straight to voicemail and I eventually get a text giving missed call details some time later. I have no signal coverage at home and rely on WiFiCall for business, so it's getting quite frustrating. I called EE and went through some steps (forgetting network, carrier updates and changing automatic carrier connection settings) but no change. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: WiFiCall not working on iPhone 7

@robn1979  Can you make calls when on wifi calling?   Have you tried restarting the router leave it off for 30+ seconds before you switch it back on,  have you tried resetting the network connection on the device?   Navigate to settings/General/reset/reset network settings.  The device will reboot and you’ll need to re-enter your wifi passwords.  

Did customer services reset your wifi calling settings?  

Also if your out of range of your router even for a brief second a call will go to your voicemail straight the way if you have no wifi connection.    

Have you tried repositioning your rrouter just in case it’s getting interference from other electronic devices.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @robn1979 and welcome to the community.

Has the information above helped at all?

Many thanks,

Lee

by robn1979 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for the suggestions!

I can make calls on WiFiCall, although occasionally takes a few attempts.

i have restarted the router, leaving it for a while and updating firmware etc. And I’ve reset the network settings on my phone.

Regarding location of the phone, it doesn’t matter where in the house it is, either next to the router or elsewhere in locations where other devices work fine.

not sure if the EE chap at EE reset my WiFi call settings, although I suspect not as he just had me run through a few simple steps that I didn’t think would work, and didn’t.

not sure what to try next other than a full reset of the phone which I’d rather avoid. 

by

Hello there @robn1979

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can any other phone connect and use WiFi calling?

Has this worked previously for you?

Thanks, Leanne Smiley Happy

by robn1979 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne, 

Yes - we have another iPhone 6 connected to the WiFiCall which doesnt have this problem. 

Thanks

by

Thanks @robn1979

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details.

Speak soon, Leanne Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.