by Bobby1701

Why no voice over wifi note 3

Hello

I have a question. I have very bad coverage in my home. I know you have voice over wifi working but why is Samsung Note 3 is not working with VoWiFI?

It is said that it only works on phones bought directly from EE. I bought my Note3 in Carphone warehouse and I do not understand why we are being penalised.

The Note 3 is still a good phone and it is 800MHz capable which means it should work with EE VoLTE as well however it is not in your debice lost. Besides other networks such as Vodafone allow it.

I would like to have this phone working first with VoWiFI then VoLTE as my coverage at home is terrible.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards 

Roberto 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Why no voice over wifi note 3

@Bobby1701 As you didn't purchase it from EE and it doesn't have EE branded software on the device it will not have wifi calling enabled on it as EE can not send you any updates to get the service. 

The s7 is the only Samsung device at present that doesn't have to come from EE to have this service on it.    

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Bobby1701 As you didn't purchase it from EE and it doesn't have EE branded software on the device it will not have wifi calling enabled on it as EE can not send you any updates to get the service. 

The s7 is the only Samsung device at present that doesn't have to come from EE to have this service on it.    

by Grand Master
Grand Master

To also add EE help pages are here.

Please note:

WiFi Calling is available on all versions of the iPhone 5c and later models of the iPhone, as well as the Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 edge, A3 (2017), A5 (2017), Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 550, 650, 950, 950XL, HTC 10, Blackberry Priv, Blackberry Dtek 50, Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL.

It's only available on the EE version of all other compatible Android and Windows devices which can only be bought directly from us in one of our stores, online or through our telesales team. At present, other Android and Windows devices bought from other retailers will not be able to support WiFi Calling.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Bobby1701

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

The reason you can't access WiFi Calling is because your phone doesn't have EE's Firmware installed which is sometimes required to access some of EE's Features.

As for VoLTE, no other network except 3 (which have limited VoLTE to 800MHz) have launched VoLTE on their network.

However, I believe you can installed EE's Firmware onto your device but at your own risk.

@Northerner or @BrendonH are the best people to advise you on Android. Smiley Happy

EDIT:

I posted this after @Northerner had already posted while I was typing this.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.