by Wantedd Investigator
Investigator

Why is my Broadband limited to 64GB?

Does anyone know why I am not allowed a larger data bundle of 64GB on my 4G home broadband. Particularly frustrating as I can see EE are now giving away iphone8 with 100GB data allowance? Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why is my Broadband limited to 64GB?

@Wantedd The iPhone 8 deal is 25GB. But EE are giving an extra 75GB.  It’s an offer to entice customers to purchase that contract 

by Wantedd Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Chris B, I 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Wantedd    I recommend you call customer services and see what they can offer. 

by Wantedd Investigator
Investigator

Thanks but I already tried that route and they couldn't tell me. I currently have x2 64GB simms to compensate and have to change them over in the router which is a faff!

Just seems like common sense to be able to offer 100GB allowance on one home broadband sim

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wantedd,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

We currently offer up to 200GB per month on our 18 month 4GEE home plans.

If you would like to switch, please get in touch with customer services.

Hope this helps.

James

by Wantedd Investigator
Investigator

Just to confirm James this is Home Broadband on a sim card in a router? I’m on a 2 year contract for 64GB per month.
Only reason I ask is I’ve spoken with Customer Services a couple of times now asking and have been told its just not possible..

Am I asking for the wrong thing? Are we getting crossed wires?

Many thanks for your input.

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information such as your phone number in this public forum. Thanks]

by

Hi @Wantedd,

Which model router do you have?

Thanks

James

by Wantedd Investigator
Investigator

I’m on a third party one, I was originally on the EE 4GEE Mini Pay As You Go Mobile WiFi, now I use the B315s 4G LTE CPE 150mBPS WiFi Router.

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

by

Hi @Wantedd,

I think you may be on a standard mobile WiFi plan, rather than a 4GEE Home plan which offer the larger data allowances.

Do you know if you are near the end of your contract?

Thanks

James

by Profile closed
Not applicable

These are the current home 4GEE broadband plans EE currently sell, right upto 200Gb a month.

by Wantedd Investigator
Investigator

Well thats good to know James thanks. I thought it was home BB! Pretty sure that wasn't explained to me! That said comparing the prices I seem to have a very good deal - the data for the home BB seems to be considerably more - is that to offset the cost of the router? 

by

The cost of the router will be a factor @Wantedd

Don't hesitate to get in touch with customer services if you want to find out more about switching.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.