by nodecks Investigator
Investigator

Why has my signal become weaker over the past 6 months

I am a courier that travels over the entire UK weekly. I have noticed over the past 6 months or so that my phone signal strength is becoming weaker over time. I am having to ring people back more often than ever due to poor signal strength. Further, listening to streaming radio is miserable. Frequently rebooting the Samsung Note 8 makes no difference. 

I've a ring camera on my home and logging it to view that is nearly always a failure. It appears that the EE network has become weaker generally. It's not just at my home, it's wherever I go in the country. Black spots are becoming more frequent. To substantiate this, I have a second phone I use for tracking purposes (iPhone 7) which I have on a BT contract. That phone appears to always have a decent signal, wherever I go. Tracking never fails, streaming works all the time, logging into home camera works without failure and generally the experience appears to be a log more reliable.

I've only a couple of months left on my EE contract and at this stage can see no reason to renew. I'm going to move BT over to being my main phone service. I contacted a local agent at a store nearby. All he could say was it was all my fault. The phone was old and known for issues, the home location was known black spot, my expectations were too high etc etc. 

I decided to write this here this morning because yesterday I missed a job opportunity because apparently my supplier of work failed to get hold of me. Yet my phone was sat in its cradle as is always does and has done for a few years. I tried to ring my number from a landline and found out myself I was not contactable. So enough is enough. I'm sick of the excuses and paying up to £70 some months for a less than acceptable service. Your lack of personal concern, EE, will now cost you a once loyal customer in three months time. 

Very disappointed.

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Why has my signal become weaker over the past 6 months

@nodecks You do know that BT owns EE and BT mobile uses the EE network so if you are having issues now it'll be the same with BT.

Have you checked the network status page?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by nodecks Investigator
Investigator

No I didn't know that. Still doesn't really solve my issue. A iPhone 7 on 'BT' with nearly always good signal, a Samsung Note 8 on 'EE' with frequently poor signal. As for checking network status, I live in Wigan and this last working week I was in Folkestone (had a poor signal at my location), Scunthorpe (had to move from location to get signal). Also trying to stream BBC Sounds (Radio 4) on Samsung failed so reverted to BT phone which did it without issue.

So, perhaps there's a phone issue. I'm considering swapping the sims around for a few days to see if it makes a difference. Of course, that leaves me with a series of challenges regarding phone uses. I just know that at this stage I'm very disappointed with EE (or the Note 8 if that transpires to be the issue, though I have my doubts on that).

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

The Note 8 is only 2 years old it won't be the reason the CS said in the store, but that was just his tactic to get you to upgrade to a new phone.

How are your settings on the Note?

Do you have it on LTE/3G/2G (Auto Connect)?

If it has been put onto manually connect to a network it won't work unless you are connecting to the same mast.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by nodecks Investigator
Investigator

My Note 8 does have LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) activated.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @nodecks 

I'm sorry to hear that you missed that job opportunity and are thinking of leaving us after being a customer with us for a while.

Have you spoken to our Tech Gurus about your problem? They may be able to look into this further and offer a potential resolution.

Let us know if you get a chance to speak to them.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.