by Srehcra Investigator
Investigator

Why does my 4GEE Osprey connection keep dropping out?

Over the last few months my internet connection has been regularly dropping out and this evening it has been particularly annoying, it must have dropped out at least 20 times.  Sometimes it reconnects automatically but on several occasions this evening I have switched the Osprey off and back on, cancelled & reconnected at the computer, but there does not appear to be a sure fire way of re-establishing the connection, I just have to wait & hope it eventually sorts itself out.  I have associated this, correctly or not, with EE and BT getting together.  I had a superbly reliable connection until then.  It is not the computer which is at fault because this also affects my Eagle tablet and my Samsung Smartphone.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why does my 4GEE Osprey connection keep dropping out?

@Srehcra wrote:

I have associated this, correctly or not, with EE and BT getting together.

Why? Complete fantasy! They operate as completely diff firms & BT has no mobile network of its own.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hello @Srehcra

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Have you checked our Network Status Checker to see if there's any issue in your area?

It sounds like it could be a network issue.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Srehcra Investigator
Investigator

@Karen_C wrote:

Hello @Srehcra

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Have you checked our Network Status Checker to see if there's any issue in your area?

It sounds like it could be a network issue.

Thasks Karen I checked this during one of the connected spells & no issues. I have reported the problem & have been advised others in my area are experiencing problems - engineers are on the case. S

by Srehcra Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX wrote:

@Srehcra wrote:

I have associated this, correctly or not, with EE and BT getting together.

Why? Complete fantasy! They operate as completely diff firms & BT has no mobile network of its own.

Not a technical person - heavy demand on resources with loads of BT customers taking up the mobile technology offered by EE?

by
EE Employee

Morning @Srehcra

That's great - I thought it would more than likely be a network issue.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.