by ianhoyland Investigator
Investigator

Which EEminiwifirouter package is NOT time sensitive (credit NOT lost after 30d)

Hi

I am looking for a EE mini WIFI router package which is truly PAYG ie credit is viable until used - not cancelled if un-used after 30 days.

Not sure I am getting straight answeres in the shop.

Any advice appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Which EEminiwifirouter package is NOT time sensitive (credit NOT lost after

Hi, 

You would need to look at the preloaded sims for anything over 30 days and buy your modem separately. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ianhoyland: No EE PAYG MBB device or SIM can buy data straight from your credit. You need to have bought a data plan 1st from your credit & each data plan is for so many GBs allowance per month. 

I think you are mixing up credit with allowance. Your credit remains yours till you spend it on something.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @ianhoyland and welcome to the community.

Credit will still stay on the SIM untill used but please do take note of the Hiberantion process.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Re: Pay as you go Hibernation Information on EE

hi

Please advise on following, if I buy a EE mini wifi router with £10 credit, will this credit only last for £30 days (before being cancelled) or will it last until it is used up.

The problem being being that the term PAYG is now being used with two different meanings: -

1) Credit is held for 30 days before being cancelled

2) Credit id held relatively  'indefinitely' 

by
EE Employee

Hi @ianhoyland 

I have replied on one of your other posts, credit certainly does not expire after 30 days it will stay on the device till it is used up.

Do take into consideration the hibernation policy.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ianhoyland: I think I've already answered you on this.

1. PAYG credit.i.e. the money you have topped-up with, is held until you spend it on buying a data package or by sending texts (unless you allow the SIM to go into hibernation after 180 days of non-use).
  2. Data allowances (usually 2 GB / month), that you may have bought with the PAYG credit, last up to 1 month or when exhausted. They are not carried over to the next month. However with the 3, 6 & 12 months data plans a fresh allowance will start again for a month.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks for the confirmation.

The only reason I have laboured this point is I have trawled through your
website (see below) and have only been able to find 30 day 6,9,or 12 month
PAYG.

My adult son, who is pretty 'SIM card savvy' is equally confused -perhaps we
are just looking in the wrong place!!!!

https://shop.ee.co.uk/preloaded-data-sims

as-you-go-sim>
https://shop.ee.co.uk/broadband/mobile-broadband/free-mobile-broadband-pay-a
s-you-go-sim

thanks

ian
by Grand Master
Grand Master

2nd linky does not compute. Corrected:

@ianhoyland wrote:
https://shop.ee.co.uk/broadband/mobile-broadband/free-mobile-broadband-pay-as-you-go-sim

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your 1st link also has 1 month plans on it as well as 3, 6 & 12 month plans.

Your 2nd link only has 30 day plans on it.

The above are for getting a data SIM. Once you have one you can add more data as in Pay as you go data add-ons .

by
EE Employee

Hi @ianhoyland

Please do see the advice mentioned by @XRaySpeX in is last post.

Hope this helps,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.