by AlineTel Investigator
Investigator

VOIP Issues

I have a VOIP system that can make outgoing calls but on incoming calls the VOIP Phone rings but when I answer there is no voice at all, however if I put that call on hold, then take the call back it all works.

HELP Please?

11 REPLIES 11
by AlineTel Investigator
Investigator

Re: VOIP Issues

It is. Microtik 4G LTE Router, works perfectly using a Vodafone SIM card but with EE I can makes calls with out issues but incoming calls have no voice connection unless you answer the call and then put it on hold then take it off hold

xxxxx xxxx
ALine Telecomms Ltd
www.aline-telecomms.co.uk
Tel: xxxxx xxxxxx
Mob: xxxxxxxxxxx

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What mobile BB device are you using?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Does that router have a SIP ALG setting somewhere, maybe in its Firewall? Try reversing it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by AlineTel Investigator
Investigator

SIP ALG has been disabled 

by AlineTel Investigator
Investigator

I was told by EE small business support that EE does not support VoIP 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No technical reason why it shouldn't work. They just won't help you with it.

Didn't switching SIP ALG help? Did you reboot router after changing it?

Have you port forwarded any ports for VoIP?

by AlineTel Investigator
Investigator

The router works perfectly using a Vodafone SIM card so VoIP settings are ok, I can make calls from the VoIP telephone, I can receive calls but when you answer there is no voice, the other strange thing is that if the incoming call is put on hold then taken off hold everything works 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, so you keep telling me but the router doesn't works properly using an EE SIM. So I'm suggesting you reverse a SIP ALG setting or similar in the router when running the EE SIM. Have you? Not the VoIP's settings themselves.

by AlineTel Investigator
Investigator

We have tried the SIP SLG setting and it makes no difference 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It has been reported that the EE Content Lock that is enabled by default on EE Business accounts was causing the issue of lost dropped voice data packets after call initialises. You may have to call your a/c mgr. to disable this.

by ianpugh Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I went through months of the same problem. After various poor attempts to deflect the issue by technical support (IPV6, bad software, broken sim, trying on Android phones, blaming the VOIP provider) I finally got an admission it just does not work.

I think it was when I told them the same phone with the same sim with same software worked when I roamed abroad made them realise they had no argument left.

I was then told it was tough luck as they didn't promise to support VOIP explicitly. I said that on a business account, VOIP should be a given and that their agrument was akin to saying that if YouTube didn't work on ee's network it wasn't their problem either. 

Anyway, I got a 50% discount on buying myself out of the contract. O2 and Three work perfectly on VOIP so if it's an issue I suggest you vote with your feet.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.