by JOJOBB Investigator
Investigator

Using EE unlimited sim in Huawei b535. Sonos, Alexa, Samsung smart tv wont work

I recently purchased a Huawei b535 after reading excellent reviews, along with EE unlimited 4 g sim, as I’m in a rubbish area with slower fibre than copper, approx 4-9 mbps.

The speed isn’t an issue, all our phones connect fine, as do iPads, and MacBooks. However it won’t even connect wired to our Samsung smart tv. Our Sonos, Alexa’s, and robot vacuum will not connect wirelessly. Any ideas? EE issue or router? 
Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by JOJOBB Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Using EE unlimited sim in Huawei b535. Sonos, Alexa, Samsung smart tv wont w

Fixed it! 
In network settings there was an option of EE or auto. My husband selected auto and it all works perfectly!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Using EE unlimited sim in Huawei b535. Sonos, Alexa, Samsung smart tv wont w

Hi and welcome to the community, @JOJOBB 

Are you given any error messages when you try to connect, or are the devices just not finding the router?

Chris

by JOJOBB Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris,

no error message, just unable to find the router. Keeps searching but just doesn’t find anything.

The Tv shows an image of the Tv-router-internet. it shows it’s connected to the router but says no signal to the router, which is bizarre as phones, macs etc are connected.

Thanks.

by
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @JOJOBB

I recommend speaking to our Tech Gurus, to see if there's anything they can do to help.

Also, @XRaySpeX is brilliant with things like this, he may be able to offer some help too.

Chris 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is this Huawei b535 router one of EE's device under a diff name?

Does it have 2 wireless bands, 2.4 & 5 GHz? If so, connect your TV to the 2.4 GHz band

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by JOJOBB Investigator
Investigator

It does have both, I’ll have to try figure out how to manually change between the two. Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Don't they have diff SSIDs? Just select the TV to connect to the 2.4 GHz band.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by JOJOBB Investigator
Investigator

Tried 2.4ghz, still won’t work.

Thanks 

by JOJOBB Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Fixed it! 
In network settings there was an option of EE or auto. My husband selected auto and it all works perfectly!

View solution in original post

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Funny how it connected some devices but not others. That setting would apply to all connections. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions