by behaviour
Explorer

Unlimited data sim in 4G router

Bit of a strange question but is there any reason one of EE's new unlimited data sims cannot be used in a 4G router (EE provided)?

I'm currently paying EE £70 a month for 500GB and am also trialing Vodafone's new unlimited data sim as a possible cheaper alternative. I saw that EE had started offering unlimited data sims from £34 a month and as I have all my other contracts with EE my preference would be to take advantage of this for my home 4G router.

But when speaking to an EE agent today they said the new unlimited data sims "would not fit" my 4G router. When I questioned if it was a matter of physical size they said this was precisely the issue. I said I had a device for trimming the sim down but the response was that EE were not offering the unlimited sims for their 4GEE routers. I asked if I trimmed the sim were they stating it would not work in my router and they responded with a "Yes".

Trouble is the guy was not very convincing that he understood what he was saying and really didn't know either way. I'm just looking for some clarification really so I know if I should try again or go ahead with the Vodafone sim.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlimited data sim in 4G router

No reason why it shouldn't. EE SIMs usually come as Combo-SIMs with all 3 sizes pushable-out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by behaviour
Explorer

Re: Unlimited data sim in 4G router

This is what I thought. I'm just a little concerned that they may not allow the 4G router to be used with the sim. As I said, the guy wasn't really clear with the exact reason it wouldn't work

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.