by dandvb Investigator
Investigator

Trying to connect my laptop.

Have tried to connect my laptop to my WiFi device but I am asked for a network key other than the one supplied. The one requested has a different number of characters. Can anyone help please?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Trying to connect my laptop.

Login to your MBB device at http://192.168.1.1 as "admin"/"admin" & navigate to the WiFi Settings section. There you will be able to see the existing WiFi pwd in clear & change it if you like.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dandvb

Thanks for coming to the community.

That's great advice from @XRaySpeX

Did you find the information you needed?

Leanne 🙂

by dandvb Investigator
Investigator

Thanks but not the answer. This is the message I get on the laptop. The network password needs to be 40 bits or 104 bits depending on your network config. This can be entered as 5 or 13 asci or 10 or 25 hexadecimal characters. End of quote. All rather technical for me I'm afraid.
⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
by

Hi @dandvb

Thanks for trying this 🙂

Have you tried changing the password and seeing if this is accepted?

Leanne.

by dandvb Investigator
Investigator

Hi. Yes but nothing seems to work. I shall phone EE tomorrow, they should have an answer.
⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
by

Good Morning @dandvb.

Let us know how you get on after contacting our Mobile Care team 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.