by Mfhunt Investigator
Investigator

The £15 of 4GEE wifi data I bought is not showing nor the £15 balance I used.

Hello,I have a 4GEE mobile wifi device.I had nil balance and 2GB of data left so I topped up the balance with £15 by debit card and used it to buy a 6GB add on.But the 6GB add on is not showing on my account and the £15 balance top is not showing either,the balance says nil.So I have just paid £15 but where has my money or data gone? I should have a total of at least 8GB data.Even if the add on has not registered I should still have the £15 I just topped up.What is going on?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: The £15 of 4GEE wifi data I bought is not showing nor the £15 balance I used

@Mfhunt   I recommend you call customer services about this if the balance is not showing by tomorrow morning. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: The £15 of 4GEE wifi data I bought is not showing nor the £15 balance I used

What does http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status report?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mfhunt Investigator
Investigator

Thanks,I will see if the top up has been activated by Monday.In answer to the question of what the add-on.ee.co.uk/status page says:it says the same as it did before I topped it up,ie

balance £0.00 data 2GB remaining out of 6GB (from the previous add on.)

I would add however that after I completed the transaction it said ‘successful’ so that implies that my payment was received.

by Mfhunt Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the suggestion.

Well it appears that the very odd way that the accumulated data is displayed is the reason for the mystery.The current 6GB of data that still has a few MB remaining on it is shown at the top of the page along with the credit balance showing £0.00 which it should be if the add-on was purchased.It then invites you to Top Up so you think you are soon running out as I did.I wondered where the last top up/add on had gone.It appears it was somewhere further down the page along with some blurb about the ‘free 1GB’ that they gave me on my first top up,and another they have given me for the second.These are also shown in the list.But they are not included in the overall total at the top of the page.This is totally misleading and leads you to top up uneccessarily.I was previously with ‘3’ (signal problems caused me to change networks) and their data summary was at least clear and logical.

EE,please tidy up your account status page and while we’re about it make it a lot clearer that the mobile wifi top up status page address is not the same one as phone users,as at first I spent ages trying to log in until I found I could access the page directly.This is indicated in the device leaflet but not in the EE SIM pack instructions.

Thanks to those who replied for your help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mfhunt wrote:

make it a lot clearer that the mobile wifi top up status page address is not the same one as phone users

Which page is that? It should be http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status for both mobile BB & mobile phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mfhunt Investigator
Investigator

Sorry but my previous post has been shortened to one sentence.Anyway what I said in the previous post was that the top up instructions in the device packaging are different to those in the EE instruction pack.The device leaflet points you to a different link.

It appears that the further add on data I bought does not appear in the total at the top of the page but only further down the page AFTER the ‘top up’ link.All very confusing.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, that's right. I was only querying 1 sentence of your post. The rest I agree with.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.