by Nemo2739 Contributor
Contributor

Since mid morning none of my wireless devices can access router !

Since mid morning none of my devices can access the 4gee router wirelessly even though the router shows the wireless light and has a signal. PC can connect via LAN cable and speeds slower than normal. What’s happened and how do I rectify it?URGENT! We depend on this....

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Since mid morning none of my wireless devices can access router !

Tell the devices to Forget the MBB router's SSID & reconnect afresh supplying WiFi pwd.

Are you sure it's the WiFi connection that's not working & not that the devices can't connect to the Net? Check in the router for its list of connected devices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Nemo2739 Contributor
Contributor

Re: When can I cancel my contract

And what about if I’m a few months into the contract but your router has ceased working properly as happened this morning through no fault of mine!😡 sale of goods act

by Nemo2739 Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your prompt mail. The MBB device now isn’t listed on any of my wireless devices only on the desktop PC when connected by LAN. It’s the wireless devices that need to be able to find the MBB and they can’t!

Sent from my iPhone
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Sorry if this sounds stupidly obvious, but have you tried turning the route off and then back on again?

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome back @Nemo2739

Please try @Profile closed's advice and restart the router.

If it isn't working after the restart, please try forgetting the WiFi connection of each of the devices before re-setting them back up.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

by

Re: When can I cancel my contract

Hi @Nemo2739

I see you have been given some advice on your other post, please take a look and get back to us.

We'll do our best to help you.

Chris

by Nemo2739 Contributor
Contributor

To all those helpful people who have suggested that I unplug the router and start over - I have done it several times and still no wireless functionality even though the wireless icon lights up!!!!!!

by

Thanks for confirming, @Nemo2739.

The advice was given with the best intentions, this is usually the first thing our technical support team would advise if you were to contact them.

I recommend speaking to our technical support team. They will be able to run through some troubleshooting with you to try and get you back up and running.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Posted in the open:

@Nemo2739 wrote:

Thanks for your advice on my non functioning 4gee router. Re your suggestion: How do I check the devices listed in the router when no instructions supplied with it and no obvious way of doing it? Is this something I have to do using windows 10 on desktop whilst connected to router via LAN cable ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Login to the MBB router at http://192.168.1.1 as user "admin" pwd "admin" & navigate its menus for Connected Devices. On mine it's under Connection / Connection Status.

Do this from the wired PC.

While you are at it check the WiFi Settings are what you think they are.

by Nemo2739 Contributor
Contributor

Fraud this didn’t work. Couldn’t get to a screen which flooded me to login as ‘admin’. Am getting really fed up now and am going to phone 07953966250

Sent from my iPhone
by

Let us know how you get on @Nemo2739

Sorry to hear of your frustration.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Nemo2739 Contributor
Contributor

Dear All,

Problem solved by nice and helpful engineer. Had to reset router by flicking opening at side and prodding in, using a paper clip - in similar way to opening the SIM tray on an iPhone. Won’t forget it now. Happy!!!

With grateful thanks to all for support and advice - give you all 10 out of 10 for that.

Trudi

by

pic spot prize.png

Hi @Nemo2739

Thanks for taking the time to share this in the community.

Because I loved the support you gave today, I'd like to send you a gift voucher so you can treat yourself.

I'll send you a private message in a moment with further details.

Keep up the great work – it’s the people here who make this community a great place to be!

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.