by jaffacakes
Explorer

Signal randomly cuts out

I get about 40mb speed. Almost like clockwork, every 30mins or so the little EE4G device stops working. No matter how long I wait. Every time I need to reset it and its fine again.

Very challenging as I'm trying to do conference calls but always drop off.

Please advise.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Signal randomly cuts out

Which MBB device is it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jaffacakes
Explorer

The 4GEE WiFi Mini

by Grand Master
Grand Master

They seem to go to sleep every 30 mins to conserve battery.

Are you running it with the USB plugged into a PC or charger? That should keep it alive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

hi @jaffacakes and welcome to the community.

Please try the advice given by @XRaySpeX and let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by jaffacakes
Explorer

Yup I always have it plugged in and makes no difference. When it completely cuts out the little light still flashes. But becomes non-responsive so I need to hold down the on/off button a while (10 secs)

by
EE Employee

Hi @jaffacakes

Please, can I get you to try and master reset the device to see if that helps?

Many thanks,

Lee

by jaffacakes
Explorer

I tried that earlier but still the same issue every 30mins or so.

by
EE Employee

Hi @jaffacakes

I would recommend speaking to our technical team who will be able to run a diagnostic to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.