by nothavingfun Contributor
Contributor

Roaming in France - impossible

I took out a sim only plan a few weeks ago. I made it absolutely clear to the EE shop staff that a critical requirement was internet roaming - using an OSPREY - in France and Belguim. I have been in France for a week now and simply cannot connect. My laptop and Kindle recognise the EE device but will not connect to the www. I have wasted hours and hours on the 'phone and live chat to EE support and I am disgusted with the lack of professionalism. Calls and online have been cut-off without warning.

The web address http://ee.mobilebroadband - which I keep being referred to - simply will not open. I have been told that there is nothing wrong with the OSPREY - nothing wrong with the sim - roaming is switched on. If all these things are ok, then why can I not access the www ??? I can check nothing of consequence via MYEE.

Nb - I do not spend my days walking round with a mobile 'phone glued in my hand. If I was some kind of "computer whizz-kid" I'd get a job in the computer industry . I'm not - I bought the device after giving very clear requirements and I expected "plug & play".

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Roaming in France - impossible

Hi, 

Just to confirm:

• You have entered the correct password when connecting to the WiFi device 
  • You are in a good reception area?

Can you try the sim in a phone?

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Even when you are not connected to a mobile network, you can always connect to the MBB device at http://ee.mobilebroadband (or http://192.168.1.1 ) & login to it.

Is the SIM-only on contract or PAYG?

If contract, did you enable roaming on your a/c before you left?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

The passwords etc have been checked over and over again. The sim was tried on a mobile 'phone while online with EE support, before I was cut off. The sim / OSPREY worked in the UK. The reception area where I am isnt great - but I drove round and round till I found a town location where I had 5 bars on 4g - and NILL www connection.

I don't have an EE mobile and given the rubbish service I'm getting with this sim account I wont be getting one. EE sold me this service on the basis that they were the all-singing-all-dancing No1 ACE providers. They are turning out to be a bunch of incompetent liars.

Contributor

I don't know what an MMB device is, and to be blunt - I'm not interested. The EE shop sold me this on the basis that I'd come to France - plug in - off you go.

Its a sim only contract. They said nothing about "enabling" anything before it would work. Let me STRESS - I repeatedly made it clear to the EE shop staff that I was not megahertz savy and I had to have something which would work on the continent. It doesnt work and going to MYEE doesnt give me option to get it to work. The EE 'phone line and live chat are a disgrace. They are incompetent and incapable - disconnect when they run out of script. You have sold me this on the basis that it WILL WORK - it Doesnt. iF YOUR PRODUCT IS SO COMPLICATED THAT YOU HAVE TO BE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO GET IT TO WORK THEN YOU SHOULD SAY SO WHEN YOU ARE SELLING IT- AM I ANGRY - TOO RIGHT I AM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nothavingfun

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to read of your situation.

As you have tried to resolve this with customer services/technical support unsuccessfully, I recommend speaking to our complaints team to discuss your experience and how you feel about the selling of the contract.

They will do their best to find a resolution for you.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your Osprey is a Mobile Broadband device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nothavingfun wrote:

The passwords etc have been checked over and over again. The sim was tried on a mobile 'phone while online with EE support, before I was cut off. The sim / OSPREY worked in the UK. The reception area where I am isnt great - but I drove round and round till I found a town location where I had 5 bars on 4g - and NILL www connection.

I don't have an EE mobile and given the rubbish service I'm getting with this sim account I wont be getting one. EE sold me this service on the basis that they were the all-singing-all-dancing No1 ACE providers. They are turning out to be a bunch of incompetent liars.

@nothavingfun

You need to remember you are on a foreign network and therefore the quality of the signal is dependent on their network, which is outside EE control.

It does sound like you are not set up for roaming, I know you have said this was specifically requested but given it doesn't work this sounds like the issue. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @nothavingfun

Our customer service team should be able to help you with this.

I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer.

Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

Enjoy the rest of your trip Smiley Happy

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.