by tayldani Contributor
Contributor

Re: Unlimited data sim in 4G router

I have a unlimited sim in my router and it sort of works........  I can't find anywhere on the ee website what the rules are for using it I have 2 unlimited sims one on three for £20.00 per month - never had a issue with it, the second is the ee one (which I went for as its nearly double the speed where we are)  it appeared to work well however for some reason at the start of the month there is 120gb (giftable data allowance) on a unlimited plan its never really made much sense to me as it counts down all through the month.. this month it went quicker than normal and I got down to 0gb gift able data but the message says don't worry you still have unlimited data available... about a day or so later I noticed netflix, prime, itv player, itunes and all other streamable services were stating I'm out of the country, or using a VPN which I'm not I've spoken to about 4 different ee help staff members and they all are aware the sim is in one of their 4g devices and they have not said it can't be used in that but I'm wondering if there is some hidden clause very well hidden on their website,  its been about a week now and I'm still waiting for someone from their level 2 to call me back, mean while my three sim is happily sitting there letting me update my computers and watch what I like,  so I do wonder if they do restrict it, I will update this if I find out more!  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@tayldani : A 5G unlimited data SIM can be used in a 4G router as long as it's for personal use only. EE's FUP considers it not personal use if it is serving more than 12 devices at once or using more than 1000 GB data per billing month,

Your giftable data is the 1st 120 GB of your data. As you use your data normally the potentially giftable data reduces accordingly.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@tayldani wrote:

I have a unlimited sim in my router and it sort of works........  I can't find anywhere on the ee website what the rules are for using it

You'll find them in Unlimited Plans

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@tayldani : A 5G unlimited data SIM can be used in a 4G router as long as it's for personal use only. EE's FUP considers it not personal use if it is serving more than 12 devices at once or using more than 1000 GB data per billing month,

Your giftable data is the 1st 120 GB of your data. As you use your data normally the potentially giftable data reduces accordingly.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions