cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: How do I get security camera to work on home router

Terry01293
Investigator
Investigator

I have this exact issue! Please tell me how to fix it I spent hours and hours on the phone with EE "tech" people they havnt got a clue telling Me to restart the router and silly stuff that won't fix the issue. Can someone please help I really want to keep an eye on my buisness premises. 

8 REPLIES 8
Terry01293
Investigator
Investigator

I have this exact issue! Please tell me how to fix it I spent hours and hours on the phone with EE "tech" people they havnt got a clue telling Me to restart the router and silly stuff that won't fix the issue. Can someone please help I really want to keep an eye on my buisness premises. 

Terry01293
Investigator
Investigator

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Terry01293 : Let's have some more detail of your particular situation?

• Which router are you using?
  • What device are you trying to connect?
  • Do you need to & have you opened ports for it?
  • Can you access the device internally on your LAN?
  • Is it that you can't access it remotely?
  • Does its manufacturer have a Cloud site you need to login to to access it?
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you for your quick reply.

• Which router are you using?----- The white 4g EE one with 2 lan ports.
  • What device are you trying to connect?----sannce DVR 
  • Do you need to & have you opened ports for it?------ I don't know how to but I think that may be the issue. I believe it is port 8080 but don't know enough about port forwarding to know how to. Have done it on a normal router but not a 4g one.
  • Can you access the device internally on your LAN? I can access it on the app on my phone totally fine when I am connected to the same network but as soon as I leave the premises and go on the app using my phones 4g or using my wifi at home it doesn't work. 
  • Is it that you can't access it remotely? Correct. It says cloud offline the exact issue the creator of the thread had. Works fine when I'm connected to the same network.
  • Does its manufacturer have a Cloud site you need to login to to access it? Correct but that doesn't seem to let me access it. 

im a certain I have the same issue as the creator of the post - I can view my cameras only when I'm connected to the same network but not when I leave and connect else where (baring in mind the DVR stays connected to my EE 4g router via LAN the whole time - that is at my buisness unit and will never move)

Alexkeenan1
Explorer

Try turning it off and on lol

It's likely that you've come up against a limitation of EE's mobile network. The EE mobile network uses Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT), which means that you don't get your own public IP address but share it with other users. So you can't be uniquely id'ed on the Net & therefore your LAN cannot be addressed from outside for unsolicited accesses. This is unlike fixed BB.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

So how have other people got it working? On exactly the same set up

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Terry01293,

I'd recommend getting in touch with the manufacturer of your system for support.

They'll be able to confirm if it is compatible with a 4G connection and help you get up and running.

Thanks

James