by TrevorB
Visitor

Problem with checking for online updates on my 4G Home Router.

Hi,

‘I have a 4G Home Router and everytime I try to check for online updates I get ‘couldn’t check for updates.’ My current version is HH70_E1_02.00_22. Have tried turning router on and off but still the same.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Problem with checking for online updates on my 4G Home Router.

When an update is ready EE will fire it at your router.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

When an update is ready EE will fire it at your router.

XRaySpeX.  Please stop giving incorrect replies to people asking questions.  You gave the same reply on a thread I started on the same topic some months ago and it has been shown to be absolutely incorrect. 

This Thread

Owners routers are NOT being updated relaibly when new firmware becomes available and an owner currently has no way to determine if the firmware they have is the latest.  It's unaaceptable to me and for this and other reasons I replaced the EE 4G Router entirely.

by Charly1
Visitor

I agree, the automatic update do not appear to do anything useful.

I get the message that Your software is up to date., but I have version HH70_E1_02.00_19 which is older than your version.

When can I find the latest firmware to download?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Charly1: There is no facility for you to update the firmware yourself as there is no repository for them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.