by Midland
Explorer

Need to know of hard wired 4g wifi extender

Hi there 

I will be fitting a ee 4g router soon , and have wired up the house with cat5 , I need to know of a 4g wifi extender that can run from the lan port of the router to it .

i do not want to use a power line type device or an extender that just grabs a weak signal from the air then just amplifies it

thankyou 

3 REPLIES 3
by Midland
Explorer

Re: Need to know of hard wired 4g wifi extender

Hi there
Thankyou for reply
I presumed that because the router was 4g and fed from an aerial rather
than a telephone wire , then everything would have a a different way of
working
But I suppose the wifi signal is just being pushed out at a standard
frequency ??
Rgds
Mark

--
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Why does the extender need to be 4G? It doesn't need a modem. Any standard Wireless Access Point or a router configured as a WAP will do.

For example: AC750 Wireless Gigabit Access Point

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, it's a standard WiFi signal that is being propagated, not the mobile signal. Otherwise your devices wouldn't be able to connect to the MBB router as well as fixed BB routers & WiFi hotspots. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.