by Jimgen
Explorer

My 4GEE wifi router keeps switching off - why?

I am on my third 4GEE wifi router, but still the router 'switches off' and I need to re-boot on a regular basis. 

Anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

EE simply suggest their repair / return option and take to a store.

Are the routers fit for purpose?

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: My 4GEE wifi router keeps switching off - why?

Hi @Jimgen.

Welcome to the community. 

Have you tried a factory reset on the 4G router?

Chris

by Jimgen
Explorer

Hi Chris

Thanks for responding.

I have been through various steps suggested by EE - sim out, reset, disconnect antennae leads etc etc, but the problem continues, as it did on the previous 2 routers.

I see from these pages that my problem is not unique - a number of others have the same issue, with the suggestion the problem lies with the manufactuers software and is not an EE problem, per se, but my comntract is with EE who cannot resolve. This leaves me in limbo paying for with an intermittent internet service.

by
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @Jimgen

Are you able to check if there is a software update or let me know which software version you're on?:

Step Action
1 Launch a web browser and in the address bar, enter 192.168.1.1 and then click the arrow icon or press Enter
2 Log in using your username and password, if you haven't logged in before use the password admin
3 Click on Device settings  
4 Click on Online updates and then check for updates  
5 The latest software version will then be displayed and available for download. This should take a few minutes.
6 The software update has now been completed

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.