by Caprixpack
Explorer

Mifi box very hot

Hi, I bought a 4g mifi box and recently it's been getting incredibly hot. Once it starts getting hot download speed completely drop off until the box turns its self off. It only stays on for about 45 minutes before getting to hot and shutting off and for the most part just normal Internet usage like browsing and Facebook. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Mifi box very hot

@Caprixpack   It’s getting hot because the battery is getting hot.  The battery is getting hot because it’s being drained rapidly. It’s turning off because the battery has got to hot so has shut down the device.    

Where did you get this device from ?  

by Caprixpack
Explorer

I got it from car phone warehouse. The batter should not be getting that hot. Especially just with browsing and Facebook..

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Caprixpack   

I recommend that you take it back and request a replacement as something is faulty about that device.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Caprixpack.

Welcome to the community.

I'd also recommend taking the device back to the point of purchase and explaining the issue you're having.

Our Tech Care team would be able to run through troubleshooting with you, but if the device needed replaced it would need to be from the point of purchase.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

by Hotmifi

This is the 2nd midi box we have had ( only use it at the Caravan to stream Netflix etc) the one we had last year got very hot so we took it back to EE and they said nothing wrong but it still continued to get hot. Anyway start of this season we got another one and it’s been fine since March until last weekend and all of a sudden it’s getting hit again and in the end just cuts out. Any advice as don’t want to keep buying new devices

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Hotmifi

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this is happening again, I have sent you a private message for further details. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.