Highlighted
by DXW Investigator
Investigator

Is there still a 15gb roaming limit on a 50gb mifi 30 day contract with ee?

Is there still a 15gb roaming limit on a 50gb mifi 30 day contract with ee? I recently made this purchase, fully describing my requirements to in-store staff in person. Having viewed third party information since the purchase, this roaming limit was mentioned. I thought I'd check on the ee website to confirm or otherwise, as the third party information was not given a published date. Looking through the ee website I have found no mention of this roaming limit, and I am now sufficiently concerned to ask the community.

No mention of this limit was made in-store.

I described the length of stay (3 weeks), location (France) and the number of devices all requiring connection (8). If the limit is still in place, I would find myself very quickly out of data, and also very much out of pocket as a result.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could get back to me on this. I am already in France with the device and I'd like to know where I stand.

Many Thanks,

DXW.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Is there still a 15gb roaming limit on a 50gb mifi 30 day contract with ee?

@DXW : Yes, it's on on all plans & for MBB devices is covered in 4GEE Home plans T&Cs under Fair Use Amount.

I would say take it back to the shop as not fit for purpose, not as described and not meeting your described to them specific requirements, but you've already left UK. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by DXW Investigator
Investigator

Is there still a 15gb roaming limit on a 50gb mifi 30 day contract with ee?

Is there still a 15gb roaming limit on a 50gb mifi 30 day contract with ee? I recently made this purchase, fully describing my requirements to in-store staff in person. Having viewed third party information since the purchase, this roaming limit was mentioned. I thought I'd check on the ee website to confirm or otherwise, as the third party information was not given a published date. Looking through the ee website I have found no mention of this roaming limit, and I am now sufficiently concerned to ask the community.

No mention of this limit was made in-store.

I described the length of stay (3 weeks), location (France) and the number of devices all requiring connection (8). If the limit is still in place, I would find myself very quickly out of data, and also very much out of pocket as a result.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could get back to me on this. I am already in France with the device and I'd like to know where I stand.

Many Thanks,

DXW.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@DXW : Yes, it's on on all plans & for MBB devices is covered in 4GEE Home plans T&Cs under Fair Use Amount.

I would say take it back to the shop as not fit for purpose, not as described and not meeting your described to them specific requirements, but you've already left UK. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DXW Investigator
Investigator

Thanks XRaySpex. As you can imagine, this is most disappointing, and leaves me very much in the lurch with an inevitably disappointed family. I guess my next question would have to be whether, once I reach the limit, it will be possible to add roaming data to the plan so I can continue to have functionality abroad. 

A second question would have to be what could EE do to perhaps continue my custom in good faith beyond this. Once the contract (which as you say, I now know to be not fit for the purpose I fully described in person with their own staff) is up, my instinct would be to unlock the device and take my custom elsewhere in the future.

And I'd love to hear from the community if anyone else has fallen foul of this also. The sales member specifically mentioned how much of the mifi devices they were selling as people wanted them to use on holiday (further reinforcing my assumption of it being fit for purpose).

Have any community members had these terms and conditions presented to them in store? I certainly didn't, and there is no way I would have purchased had I known of this roaming limit. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DXW.

If you'd like to discuss your contract further, you'll need to contact our Mobile Care team.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@DXW : Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

@Jon_K : There are no data add-ons for the EU, are there? That article you linked doesn't show any.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @XRaySpeX, I've mis-read that!

Jon

by DXW Investigator
Investigator

Thanks once again @XRaySpeX, very much appreciated. Looks like the option to buy an add-on is not available as you have (very, it seems) helpfully pointed out.

So now I guess I need to 'discuss my contract'. I will do so, and report back here with my findings, for the community. Hopefully, there will be a solution that does not involve having to move to another network. This issue is the only negative to an otherwise very positive experience with EE. Hopefully it isn't a deal-breaker.

Thanks also @Jon_K

I appreciate your advice.

It's a very effective community here it seems, so I'll feedback from the call to EE shortly, and if it comes to an alternative solution, I will let you know what has worked for me.

Kind Regards,

@DXW 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.