by 44poets Investigator
Investigator

I can't gift data to my other number Im not seeing the 'family sharing option'

I have a 4Gee mini, and i'm looking to gift data to my other number. Both numbers are showing up in my account, but i don't have the button that allows me to gift with the family sharing.

Please can someone advise how to finish register/setting it up as the website information is sufficient. 

'Please connect device to the network, open browser and 'register' then 'activate'. Register what? where? What am i missing?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I can't gift data to my other number Im not seeing the 'family sharing optio

Can business contracts gift data? Can business plans set up family a/c's? It does seem to be a bit of a misnomer.

Gifting Your Data - Terms & Conditions

Only consumers can set up a family account and only consumer plans can be added to a family account.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I can't gift data to my other number Im not seeing the 'family sharing optio

Is the MBB device on a 30-day contract? If so, you can't gift data from it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by 44poets Investigator
Investigator

24 month contract, business. I went in store for help and the guy said i had to activate the device, but not really sure how...

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Can business contracts gift data? Can business plans set up family a/c's? It does seem to be a bit of a misnomer.

Gifting Your Data - Terms & Conditions

Only consumers can set up a family account and only consumer plans can be added to a family account.

View solution in original post

by 44poets Investigator
Investigator

If they can't then i've been miss-sold

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @44poets,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Sorry, as mentioned in the terms and conditions @XRaySpeX shared, business plans are not compatible with data gifting.

Thanks

James

by 44poets Investigator
Investigator

They sold this to me knowing i was a business customer.

I don't get why EE make it so hard for me to up (and pay more) for more data on my plan... gah!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @44poets,

Please get in touch with customer services so we can look into this for you.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.