by GaryMcG Investigator
Investigator

How to prevent a free RAC in car wifi contract auto renewing ?

Hi all, I received free in-car wifi from EE when signing up with the RAC mid last year and noticed by chance in the T&Cs recently it will auto renew. I've never used the WIFI and wondered how to go about cancelling the auto renewal as I don't seem to have an EE account ?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to prevent a free RAC in car wifi contract auto renewing ?

@GaryMcG  Are you paying this through your RAC payments?  If you are you need to contact the RAC.  If you've never setup an account with EE your not paying EE to use it.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @GaryMcG and welcome to the Community.

When you redeemed your voucher to get the Car WIFI you will have either been placed on Pay monthly or Pay as you go.

You will need to give our customer services a quick call to see if you need to place a cancelation request.

Many thanks,

Lee

@Chris_B : When the redemption is placed through EE and account is setup depending on customer status.

by GaryMcG Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee

My concerns have been realised and EE are now charging me for a service I dont and have never used.  I cant get through on the phoneline as I dont have a mobile number to enter. I have cancelled the direct debit but would like  the £11.27 taken on the 19th October refunded.  Sureluy you check if a sim has been use dbefore charging customers ?  Or at the very least provide a simple I dont want to extend the contract button to make customers aware you will be charging ?

Let me know what you need from me in order to resolve this and sort out the refund please. Please dont direct me to the phone line as I have explained I cant get through on this channel.

Kind Regards

Gary

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GaryMcG,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

You can find the mobile number of your WiFi device on the documentation you received with it, and on all other communications EE have sent you.

Find out more about cancelling your EE contract >

Thanks

James

by GaryMcG Investigator
Investigator

Ok so I have never used the device. Dont know where it is and so cant provide that info. What to do ?

by

Hi @GaryMcG,

If you ignore the request to enter a number it should connect you with an advisor.

Thanks

James

by GaryMcG Investigator
Investigator

Asks me to Text 150 (I dont have an EE phone) to retrieve number then eventually says it has not been possible to connect me - You guys need omnichannel support in place - ever considered Salesforce ?  If I go to a store can they help me ? 

by

Hi @GaryMcG,

Yes, any EE store will be happy to connect you with our cancellations team.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.