by rabyabegum Contributor
Contributor

How to connect 4GEE WiFi to device (my phone) ?

I am new to EE so setting everything up is confusing me alot. How do I connect 4GEE wifi to a device. I am trying to connect it to my phone which is an android motorola. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How to connect 4GEE WiFi to device (my phone) ?

@rabyabegum wrote:

but I don't have the 4GEE wifi router.

But isn't that what your original Q was? Why are you trying to connect to 4GEE Wifi (which is in fact a separate device containing a router with a mobile SIM) when you don't have one?

Ah! Have you in fact put a data SIM in your Android mobile? Are you now trying to register it to MyEE? As it's a data SIM, MyEE thinks it's in a mobile BB device, but MyEE doesn't work for registering PAYG MBB devices. It stops at telling you to connect your device & login to it, but when you've done as instructed it doesn't have anywhere for you to say you've done it.

You may continue using this data SIM in your phone but you can't register it to MyEE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
24 REPLIES 24
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @rabyabegum when you have the 4GEE WiFi device turned on you should be able to connect to it through your phones WiFi settings like any other. If you purchased an EE device it will show as MYWIFI####.

When you have connected to it you can access the devices settings and features by logging in using this link:

http://192.168.1.1

Username and password are set to admin/admin by default. 🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @rabyabegum

On your phone search for the device within the WIFI menu and enter the password associated with the device.

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

Sorry I do not understand.  How do I search for the device on the wifi menu??? My device does not appear on the wifi menu. The wifi has a list of different home broadbands. We have a home EE broadband which my phone is connected to. But I don't understand the 4GEE wifi. 

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @rabyabegum the 4GEE WiFi devices shows up the same as home BB WiFi connections do in the list. If it does not appear try charging it fully then trying again. The EE logo at the top of the device should glow on and off slowly when it is turned on. 🙂

Contributor

is the 4GEE wifi like a seperate router?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @rabyabegum yes just like a BB router the only difference is using a SIM card instead of a fixed line. 🙂

Contributor

but I don't have the 4GEE wifi router. I just have the normal home broadband router. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @rabyabegum which 4GEE WiFi device do you have? Is it the one from EE? Does it show up when you try searching on another device? 🙂

Contributor

what is the 4GEE wifi device?? my phone is an Android motorola moto g4 play. is that the device??. my phone was purchased from the vodafone retail shop. my ee sim was ordered for free via the ee website. at home our home broadband is the ee brightbox. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @rabybegum

Are you trying to connect to your bright box?

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

I am already connected to the ee brightbox. however, when I log into my ee account, it says to connect 4GEE wifi to a device. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @rabyabegum

I'm confused with this one, please could you copy the text that is there?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@rabyabegum wrote:

but I don't have the 4GEE wifi router.

But isn't that what your original Q was? Why are you trying to connect to 4GEE Wifi (which is in fact a separate device containing a router with a mobile SIM) when you don't have one?

Ah! Have you in fact put a data SIM in your Android mobile? Are you now trying to register it to MyEE? As it's a data SIM, MyEE thinks it's in a mobile BB device, but MyEE doesn't work for registering PAYG MBB devices. It stops at telling you to connect your device & login to it, but when you've done as instructed it doesn't have anywhere for you to say you've done it.

You may continue using this data SIM in your phone but you can't register it to MyEE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

Read more

Omg that is it. I have put the data SIM in my phone like I would with any other SIM. I cant believe im so stupid 😅. As you said that I can still use my SIM in my phone, could I top up my phone and use the SIM as normal? Oh and i registered my ee SIM data number on my ee account. The lady at the shop did it for me as i used my email to verify. And thank you for making me realise my stupid mistake. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Easily done & not obvious.

You can top-up at an ATM or  use the Top-up card in any store.

You won't have calls on a data SIM (I wonder if you can receive them in a data SIM?) & I doubt you may buy packs. Texts you will be able to do.

by
EE Employee

Glad you got to the bottom of this issue @rabyabegum

Brilliant sleuthing @XRaySpeX 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks, @Lee_H. Would you know the situation with calls & packs on a PAYG data SIM?

by
EE Employee

Yeah @XRaySpeX

I will take a look into it now.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Yes you can make and receive calls and text messages on a data SIM card. They are charged at standard rates.

No PAYG packs and add ons can not be purchased on a data SIM card.

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.