by dewidaniels Investigator
Investigator

How to I get the same price as a new customer?

I bought a 4GEE Home Router on 28/8/2018. I chose the 30d 50GB plan at £45 per month and paid £100 for the router. We soon used up 50GB, so I phoned EE on 11/9/2018, who switched me to the 30d 100 GB plan at £55 per month. I noticed that EE are now offering the 30d 100 GB plan at £45 per month, so I phoned EE to ask if I could switch to the £45 plan now that my 30 day contract has expired. I was told that the £45 is only for new customers, and that their system still showed the price as £55 for existing customers. They agreed to take £10 off my next bill as a one-off gesture. Am I really locked in to £55 per month even though I'm on a 30 day contract?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: How to I get the same price as a new customer?

I phoned customer services again and spoke to a different advisor, who changed me to the 200 GB 30 day plan at £50 per month.

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

If it's just a 30 day contract, just cancel it and sign up again.  Tell EE why you are canceling and if you manage to get someone with some sense, they should switch you to the new plan all being well.  If not just cancel and sign up again as a new customer.

Investigator

That's why I assumed it would be easy to change to the new £45 plan given I'm on a 30 day contract. The gotcha appears to be that, as far as I can tell, EE will only sell you a 100GB SIM if you buy a router at the same time (£100, or free if you sign up for 18 months). I've got £10 off for this month, so I'll phone the cancellation team at the end of the month and see what they offer.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@dewidaniels  You’ll probably end up with a new router also as I remember someone else doing something similar and they ended with around 4 of these.  It’s a new router every time even if you don’t need it.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Does http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase offer you the 100GB plan for £45? If so cancel your current plan & then buy it from there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I shall try that the next time I'm connected to the 4GEE Home Router. Thanks for the suggestion.

Investigator
Solution

I phoned customer services again and spoke to a different advisor, who changed me to the 200 GB 30 day plan at £50 per month.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.