by kmd1993 Investigator
Investigator

How do i find the IMEI number of the WiFi mini?

The device belonged to a collegue who had stopped using it for some time and gifted it but has since forgot the password. I performed the master reset which resets the password back to MYWIFI and the last 4 digits if the IMEI number but i'm not sure where to find that. Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do i find the IMEI number of the WiFi mini?

@kmd1993  Is it not on the bottom on the device?  

by kmd1993 Investigator
Investigator

The bottom of the device is just a textured black surface, no details

by
EE Employee

Hi @kmd1993 and welcome to the community.

On the bottom of the router, there should be a sticker indicating the details you need.

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Previous owner may have peeled off label for security.

Login to it at http://192.168.1.1 as "admin"/"admin" & you'll find the WiFi pwd in clear in the Wireless Settings section.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @XRaySpeX 

If he can't connect to the device it won't let him login into 192.168.1.1.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can connect from the thing you plugged the USB into if you install the 4GEE Web Connection as it should invite you to.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.