by DavieBow Contributor
Contributor

How do I get security camera to work on home router

Hi guys ,

ive just bought a home security camera system but seam to be having issues with getting it to connect to its cloud .

Im fine at home I can access the cameras via the app but once I leave the home network it just shows as being offline ......anyone have any ideas ??

17 REPLIES 17
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I get security camera to work on home router

Which home router? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DavieBow Contributor
Contributor

It’s the 4gee one , the white one 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

How are you accessing it remotely? What info did you have to give it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DavieBow Contributor
Contributor

I have the app that came with the cameras and there was a QR code to set it up , I scanned the code and it did it’s thing and all was working well whilst on the home network , it’s only when I was away and looked to check that I noticed it didn’t work outside of the home network 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @DavieBow

What kind of phone do you use?

Chris

by DavieBow Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

i have an iPhone X

by

Thanks @DavieBow

Have you tried resetting the network settings?

Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings > follow prompts.

You may need to re-setup your WiFi connections after doing this.

Chris

by DavieBow Contributor
Contributor

On my phone ?

why do I need to do that .... just trying to get an understanding of how all this works as I don’t have a clue lol 

by

is it not on the iPhone that you're having trouble accessing through an app, @DavieBow?

Sorry, I'm not hugely familiar with the way that CCTV systems are set up. 🙂

Chris

by DavieBow Contributor
Contributor

No it’s the actual cctv system itself that’s showing as offline on its P2P cloud .

i can access the cameras whilst on the home network but as soon as I move out of that I can’t access them

because for some reason the systems cloud setting , (which I assume must be for accessing them outside of home) isn’t transmitting our from the home hub and back up the internet to the cctv cloud service 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Does the camera's manufacturer give you a website where you can login & see it from there?

by DavieBow Contributor
Contributor

its definitely something to do with with the router settings because it works when you turn DHCP off in the 4gee router ..... but then we lose all internet , turn DHCP back , internet comes back but we lose the cameras 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you port forwarding the camera?

by DavieBow Contributor
Contributor

Not as far as I know but I’m not sure exactly what that means 

by

Hi there @DavieBow

Have you spoken to our Tech Gurus to see what they can advise?

Leanne.

by DavieBow Contributor
Contributor

It’s ok I’ve sorted it ...... well one of the intelligent people at work did , they came over and did something with the ip parameters and it worked straight away 

by

Great news @DavieBow

Thanks for coming back and letting us know 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.