by Solcom2017 Contributor
Contributor

How can I be using 5GB of data an hour suddenly with only my iPad connected

I have the 4GEE router with 200GB allowance and have never even got close to using it all until today even though I’ve been away for 10 days so router not even used!

so I bought another 5GB and all I have done is stream a 30 minute tv program and then had my iPad connected and was just browsing FB.

i download nothing at all but run out of data again after only an hour!

5GB lasts nearly a month on my phone 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I be using 5GB of data an hour suddenly with only my iPad connected

10 days of iPad updates?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Solcom2017

Do you have video auto-play switched on within your Facebook settings?

This downloads videos when you're scrolling through your feed, even if you don't have any intentions of watching them.

You can find information on how to turn this off and other mobile data saving tips on our How much data am I using on EE article.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Solcom2017  Is your iPad set to auto update as Apple have released iOS 12.3 this week, so if your iPad is set to auto update it could be this as this will take awhile to download. 

by Solcom2017 Contributor
Contributor

No none of the above as I’ve been away at my parents and connected to there BB every day.

i usually have my phone, laptop, iPad and android box all connected at once and in the last 11 months have never got through more than 80% of my data in a month normally. The iPad itself has a 30GB a month data sim plan also

by
EE Community Support Team

I recommend having a chat with our Tech Gurus then, @Solcom2017.

Hopefully they can shed some light on this. 🙂

Let us know what happens.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.