Highlighted
by
Explorer

Home Router coverage and connection

Using the coverage checker on this site with just the postcode (an area in Derby), no device selected, it says I will get a good 4G signal indoors. When I use the same postcode and select the 4GEE Home Router as the device, it says I will get no coverage at all. Can the 4GEE Home Router not connect to the 4G network? I have tested with a mobile phone and data sim in the area and got a great signal, but the coverage checker indicates that the 4GEE Home Router would not be able to connect to it. The product page says no fixed line needed, which indicates it uses the EE 4G mobile network. What does it connect to and why would the coverage checker indicate that specific device cannot use the strong 4G signal in that area?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Home Router coverage and connection

@Zoidy : It seems that that Coverage Checker does not work for mobile BB routers, only for mobile phones. The silly thing thinks they'll get no coverage on any xG 😞 . Of course if a phone can get coverage, so can a router equally.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Zoidy : It seems that that Coverage Checker does not work for mobile BB routers, only for mobile phones. The silly thing thinks they'll get no coverage on any xG 😞 . Of course if a phone can get coverage, so can a router equally.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Thanks @XRaySpeX . Yeah, it seemed to me that if a phone works then so would the router, which is why I was confused. Thanks for confirming this.

It looks like it is just a bug in the coverage map then. You never know - someone may see this and realise it is miseading people and fix it.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Zoidy and @XRaySpeX,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I've fed this back to the coverage checker team so they can investigate.

James

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, it must be a bug. EE is investigating.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.