by markladson
Visitor

Help! MiFi mini USB data connection

Hello everyone! 

I need to use my EE MiFi mini box with my Mac Pro - the data connection must be over USB. This was working fine until I accidentally deleted the mobile broadband profile in my Network settings.

I'm lost as to how to get it back. I can add a Mobile Broadband network profile but I have no idea what settings to assign or whether this will communicate with the MiFi box. The only way I can now connect is via wifi which isn't what I need.

I REALLY appreciate any help with this.

Thank you ever so much,

Mark

Just added, it is connected via USB as I have this information from my system report:

Mobilebroadband:

Product ID: 0x0191

Vendor ID: 0x1bbb  (T & A Mobile Phones)

Version: 2.42

Serial Number: 1234567890ABCDE

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Alcatel

Location ID: 0xfd500000 / 2

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Help! MiFi mini USB data connection

I dunno how it looks from a Mac but when you remake the USB connection a notification should appear offering to run the program on it. That will create the quasi-Ethernet Network Setting.

If not you may find in the Mac's file explorer a new drive called "Web Connection" containing a Mac program you can run to do the same thing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.