by gadgetrip
Explorer

HH70VB Router issue with PS4 - I'm getting NAT 3 on this new router with my PS4

Hi,

I was using my PS4 with my LTE Cube with no problem (i.e. getting NAT 2) but have just upgraded and have been given the HH70VB router.  I'm now getting NAT 3.

I researched about NAT 3 and it states using port forwarding but there does't seem to be that option on this new router.

Although I get much better download speeds on all my computers/tablets etc. this is a big problem for me asI use my PS4 so much!

Any ideas?

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: HH70VB Router issue with PS4 - I'm getting NAT 3 on this new router with my

Hi @gadgetrip

Have you searched Google as there are many guides.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by gadgetrip
Explorer

Thank you @Northerner.

Yes, Google is the first place I always check and came across a website very similar to the one you linked to (I refered to the fact I had done some research).

As per my original post, I know I have to port forward, I just don't know how to on EEs new router as I can't see the option.

This is an issue with EEs router rather than a generic PS4 issue which is why I came for help here.

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If when browsing the router settings you can't find any options for Port Forwarding then you can't do it. Another name used by some routers is Virtual Server.

Let us know if you can find either on the EE Home Router.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @gadgetrip and welcome to the community.

Has the information above helped at all?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Alexhill
Explorer

EE TECH SUPPORT  told me yesterday THEY “have issues with Amazon fire TV and PS4” it due to not having an IP address that’s static and IPV6 technology... I’m very disappointed with them and no sign they are trying to resolve the issue 

by Link-2345
Explorer

I have HH70VB 4GEE router.

I am having similar issue with Nintendo Switch as I am unable to play 'Splatoon 2' online and the recommedation is to have NAT type A or B (I get NAT type C), turn DMZ 'on' and UDP port forwarding 45000 to 65535.

On router settings customised by EE, I can only set 1 port at a time in virtual server.

Is there a way around it as the Huawei version of the software for the above modem does allow changing NAT types and Port forwarding?

Why has EE restricted this?

EE can issue over the air update to allow this?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Link-2345

I will certainly look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.