by Bill_B Contributor
Contributor

Got connected up on 4GEE but some advice needed please

Hello folks

Thanks for your help on my previous thread. I’ve now got 4GEE up and running but something’s not right.

Every day I go to the same 20 websites, collect my email and that’s it. The sites are mostly banking, travel utilities, and leisure. It sounds boring but I never vary them. No music or films ever downloaded.

Using 4GEE on Saturday and Sunday I thought the usage figure was wrong as it was so high. Fortunately, on Saturday morning before connecting the WiFi router for the first time I’d already ‘done’ my sites and email using my ADSL router but did them all again on 4GG later really to check the difference in speeds (phenomenal!). Yesterday I did the same thing simply to compare the usage on both and I’m very puzzled. My 4GEE page tells me I have used an astonishing 1.1GB yet the detailed stats on my land-line broadband tells me it was 0.5GB. I should mention that I have no other internet devices like a tablet, laptop or phone that uses the internet (the phone’s a wee basic one that only is used for texts and calls – I’ve an EE monthly package for that). Anyone have any idea why the huge difference? Not prepared to have 4GEE WiFi if it’s wrongly calculating.

Also, I am unable to check usage for the WiFi using my EE account page. It gives me a detailed breakdown for my telephone but for the WiFi I can see the total allowance bar and that it has dropped from 15G to 13.9G but when I click the usage button it says ‘Sorry, we tried to load your data but no records were found’.

Can anyone help please?

Bill

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Got connected up on 4GEE but some advice needed please

Hi @Bill_B

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Have you seen our How much Internet data are you using on EE? support article by any chance?

Please do have a read and any further queries please do speak to our customer services team and they can have a look into things for you.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Bill_B Contributor
Contributor

Richard, thank you very much. The link you gave me is great but it still doesn't explain the very large usage difference between my broadband on the landline ADSL and 4GEE WiFi, going to exactly the same sites for the same period of time. Also, I am still unable to get the 4GEE Wi-Fi usage information from my EE account. I will call Customer Services but it's annoying that i have to.

by
EE Community Support Team

Rather than a call @Bill_B

Why not log in to your MYEE and wait for a live chat online with a technical operator rather than calling in?

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.