by uistdon Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EE failing to provide 4Gee Wi-Fi

It is now 17days without any 4Gee wifi. I keep getting told 'issue fixed' 'no issue' '72hrs' 're-set' 'update software' 'turn off and reboot'.

For 6 months i had a very good service until 18days ago EE made a new mast (500yrds away) live. My phone signal went from wifi calling only to 5 bars, exceptional i thought. Unfortynately my router went from 1 bar to 3, some would say great, however i do not get connected. In a previous thread i posted about ping. Between 650 and 2000ms every time i try, no upload and 0.34mbs download.

Apparently the problem is caused by the new mast. Customer service are unaware that it exists - it’s not on their map of masts! They are unwilling to admit they haven’t fixed anything since the outage on the 18th. The new mast has a satellite attached to it which maybe is causing the issues. They should be able to sort it, but the bigger problem is they’re trying to fix the wrong mast signal, and i can’t convince them of that.

Do i now have to purchase an outdoor antenna at £100, or do EE finally sort the issue?

Sorry for the long rant, but i try to work from home and for the last few weeks its been a disaster.

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: EE failing to provide 4Gee Wi-Fi

Hi @uistdon,

If our customer service team are unable to view the new mast, it may not be integrated into the network yet.

I would recommending contacting our technical support team who can look into this in more detail for you.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

It has gone to level 2 three times but they are looking at the wrong mast. Three times i have been informed there is an issue and it will take 72hrs. The latest is now a site visit will have to be carried out.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting me know @uistdon

Please give us an update after the site visit.

James

Highlighted
Established Contributor

To be honest I don't hold up much hope of an actual site visit. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.