Highlighted
by Ebaines1 Investigator
Investigator

EE 4G antenna installation

I wondered if I can ask EE to install an external antenna for me, even though I'm not a direct EE customer? 

I currently use a Virgin 4G sim (200Gb/month for £20). Virgin uses the EE network to provide its service. I use a Huawei B618-22d router and have a 4G-XPOL-A0001 omni-directional antenna although I don't need it where I currently live. We are looking to move house, and at our viewings of the new house, my phone showed no signal whatever.

So I'm looking for somemone with expertise in the locations of the transmitters to (preferably) undertake a desktop assessment to say whether there is anywhere an external antenna could be installed to get a signal, and then install it. 

I know EE have a team who can install antennae for EE customers. I wondered if they could help me?

Or if anyone has any other suggestions (In case it helps, I live in Northumberland)?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: EE 4G antenna installation

Hi @Ebaines1,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

We only offer an antenna installation service to our 4GEE Home customers.

If you'd like to hear more about the service, please get in touch with our dedicated team on 0800 079 0131.

Thanks for your question.

James

7 REPLIES 7
by
Solution

Hi @Ebaines1,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

We only offer an antenna installation service to our 4GEE Home customers.

If you'd like to hear more about the service, please get in touch with our dedicated team on 0800 079 0131.

Thanks for your question.

James

by Ebaines1 Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks, James, for such a rapid reply.

That is unfortunate. Like many others, I am an indirect EE customer, so it is a shame that I can't use your expertise to get the best out of your network. Maybe that is something you could consider in the future.

Thanks again,

Eric

by

No problem @Ebaines1

I'm sorry we couldn't help on this occasion.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Even if you were an EE customer you'd only get that service with an EE 4GEE Home Router, which you don't have 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skier641 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Can you point me in the direction of where you obtained 200GB at £20 a month?  I looked on the Virgin site couldn't see anything even close to that.

by Ebaines1 Investigator
Investigator

I'm afraid it was a special Black Friday deal.

They did it a couple of years ago, but last year (2018) I was in the market for such a SIM, as the house we were hoping to buy had rubbish BT broadband but excellent EE 4G. They initially did a special deal of 100Gb for £20, but closer to Black Friday is was 200Gb. With 100Gb unused data rollover, it is excellent! :-)

Shame that house fell through and the house we are now hoping to buy has no EE service and also rubbish wired broadband! :-( 

by Ebaines1 Investigator
Investigator

I am hoping that with the increased provision by EE to provide the Emergency Services Network, EE coverage will increase quite a bit, particularly in rural locations. If so, they could virtually eliminate the need for wired broadband. However, as EE and wired broadband are both provided by BT, I find it difficult to believe they will aim to do that! Man Sad

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.