by dibnkel Investigator
Investigator

Devices will not connect to my Wi-Fi mini device.

I just bought the ee Wi-Fi mini device and my Samsung galaxy s8+ my wife's galaxy s7 and my Samsung smart tv will not connect to it.  I have scoured the web and tried everything. My tv and our phones are able to connect to a phone by tethering but not the Wi-Fi device. Please help or I'm going to have to return it to the shop.

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Devices will not connect to my Wi-Fi mini device.

On your phones & TV have you found the SSID of the MBB device in their lists of WiFi networks seen & supplied its WiFi pwd to them?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by dibnkel Investigator
Investigator

Hello and thanks for replying.

Yes other devices can connect to it for example an Iphone and an android tablet, just not our samsung phones and smart tv. I have decent signal strength. I have no problems tethering each phone to each other and tethering the tv to a phone they just won't connect to the device. I have contacted ee but they can't or don't want to assist. The phones are also on ee.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dibnkel,

Welcome to the EE Community.

What happens when you try to setup the WiFi connection?

Is there a particular stage of the process where it fails? Do you see any error messages?

Thanks

James

by dibnkel Investigator
Investigator

Hello.

It indicates that the phone / tv is connected to the device but there is no internet. But there is internet as, at the same time I am connected with my android tablet and online.

by

Hi @dibnkel,

Have you tested with no other devices connected?

Thanks

James

by dibnkel Investigator
Investigator

Yeah I've just tried that the samsung devices won't connect. 

by dibnkel Investigator
Investigator

I still haven't received a solution to this issue. I surely can't be the only customer that has had this problem. 

by

Thanks for getting back to us, @dibnkel.

The fact that the WiFi device connects to, and works, with other devices means there shouldn't be an issue.

It's unusual that it only happens when connecting to Samsung equipment.

I recommend making sure that all of your Samsung equipment is running the latest software.

As it's only happening with Samsung devices, and you've already spoken to our technical support, it may be worth getting in touch with Samsung.

They may be able to advise if they have had similar reports before..

Please let me know how you get on.

Chris

by dibnkel Investigator
Investigator

I agree it is unusual, especially when you consider that the samsung TV will connect to my phone when I set my phone (also on ee) as a hotspot but won't connect to the 4gee device.

The software on all devices is up to date except the ee device as when I try and do an update on that I get an error message saying update failed.

I have been in touch with ee tech support and apparently a ticket has been raised. 

I'm beginning to think I may have a defective device. The sim is fine as it works in my phone.

by

Thanks for getting back to me, @dibnkel.

If the technical support team have raised a ticket, they will be investigating this.

It isn't that they don't want to assist, it means that it is a highly unusual type of problem.

When a ticket is raised, it is escalated to the next level of technical team with a better understanding of problems like this.

They will investigate and contact you with a potential solution very soon.

If you would like an update on how they are doing, just call the technical support team with the ticket number (this should be on your account notes if you do not have a record of it).

Thanks for your patience.

Chris

by peterhilland84
Visitor

It isn't that rare. I am going to ring up after work as I have two ee mywifi devices and I have issues on both of them. I have treid connecting my sky box, ps4, nintendo switch, pc and even my phone. However if I tether any of these to my phone which is also on EE it works fine.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.