by RJB1 Contributor
Contributor

Desktop link not working

I have had a 4GEE MINI WIFI for eleven months and had no problem until three weeks ago when the unit would not switch on neither would the charging lights come on, now after the unit has been repaired the desktop link (Web Connection icon) does not work receiving the message (This site can’t be reached EE broadband’s server DNS address could not be found)

I’ve uninstalled the unit’s software cleared the registry (win10 64 bit) shut down rebooted and done a total re-install still the same. Tried installing it on a laptop that’s never had it on, still the same.

Then phoned tech support total waste of time told to wait for a software update, It worked ok before the repair Has anyone got any ideas.

26 REPLIES 26
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Desktop link not working

Hello there @RJB1

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Did you receive the same device back from us?

Do you have a SIM card in the device?

Thanks, Leanne.

by RJB1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Leanne

Thanks for your reply, regarding your questions I kept my sim card and the
repair report says

1, Updated device software to the latest version

2, Replaced the main board inside the device

3, Updated the device's IMEI to 357475073580519

Regards

Robin

[MOD EDIT: Please do not post personal details onto a public forum]

by
EE Employee

Hi @RJB1 

Have you tried to factory reset the device to see if this assists.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The Web Connection is unnecessary for using the MBB device, but as you have it might need uninstalling & reinstalling with new hardware & IMEI.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by RJB1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lee

Thanks for your suggestion that was the first thing I tried but made no difference.

Thanks Again

Robin 

by

Hi @RJB1

Thanks for getting back to us.

Did you try uninstalling and re-installing as suggested by @XRaySpeX?

Chris

by RJB1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

Thanks for the advice I tried doing a complete uninstall also cleaned the registry before doing a fresh install, also installed it on a laptop that’s never had it on and the link to the URL still does not work, I have now made two phone calls to tech support, Am not impressed.

Regards

Robin

by

Thanks for confirming, @RJB1.

I know you've said that you've already spoken to them on a couple of occasions, but, the technical support team are in the best position to be able to help you with this.

Chris

by RJB1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chris

Thanks for that, but have to say all I got was wait for a sotware update, Everything was working fine until the unit was repaired/replaced.

I'll give tech support another try.

Thanks

Robin

by RJB1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Have again spoken to very helpful guy tech support but was unable to resolve this problem as he had never come across it before, so it seems there is no one a EE who can resolve this issue.

by RJB1 Contributor
Contributor

Although in my previous post closed it as solved it really was'nt as no one at EE could give me an answer and was told by tech support they had no one who could although the offered to replace my 4GEE mini device regetably I did not accept the offer.

Thank you all for your very helpful suggestions I may look for something better from another supplier when my contract finishes.

by

Good morning @RJB1

Thank you for posting 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way and you haven't had the resolution you were looking for.

I hope you don't leave EE and you are always welcome here.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@RJB1 wrote:

(This site can’t be reached EE broadband’s server DNS address could not be found)

What DNS settings do you have in the device?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by RJB1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thanks for your reply but where do I find the DNS settings

Regards

Robin

by

Hi @RJB1

I'm sure @XRaySpeX can guide you where you need to be when he is available.

Thanks 

Richard

🙂

by RJB1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Richard

Thanks for that, perhaps @XRaySpeX  could let me know the times he will be available 

Regards

Robin

by

Hi @RJB1

@XRaySpeX is available whenever he has time to kindly lend a hand to others.

There are no set time, but as and when he is available I'm sure he will help you.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I don't have an MBB up & running at the mo', but you should be able to navigate its menus looking for DNS if it's there.

by RJB1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi XRaySpex

I've been through every menu and settings on the BMM and cannot find any referance to DNC, could this be a result of the recent software update? Vr EE40_00_02.00_43

Regards

Robin

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.