by Mattay81 Investigator
Investigator

Data usage

We have 30GB of data to use each month, the first month on plan we used 19.8, the second we used 22.8 and this month we've used 23.7 with a week still to go.  Now all we connect to this is 2 mobile phones and very rarely a laptop, with 1 off those phones only connecting in the evening.  We don't stream music or TV and we've even stopped the kids watching Kidstube (a youtube app for kids, not that they used it much) and turned off automatic running of Facebook videos but still our data usage keeps on growing.  We primarily web browse, use Facebook and the Mrs uses some instant messaging and Instagram.  Should we be seeing such high data usage from that?

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Data usage

Hi @Mattay81

Thank you for coming to community 🙂

Things like normal browsing and email only use a small amount of data, others such as watching catch-up TV or videos on YouTube can use significantly more.

To help you understand How much Internet data are you using on EE? please check out our support article.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Mattay81 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply.  Looking at the figures given I'd be suprised if we're using so much data.  We definately don't use TV, music or other streaming via the MIFI.  According to the figures given, even at 2 MB per minute of Facebook use, a GB would give us 8.5 hours of constant use.  Something else must be draining the usage so i'll have to investigate further because our usage is apparently increasing month on month.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mattay81

Even on something like facebook, I know pop up videos etc appear.

Please let me know how your investigations go.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.