Highlighted
by Scott20 Investigator
Investigator

Confused about amount of data in 4GEEWifi mthly plan. Will it refresh evrymonth?

I'm confused about the amount of data you get for a monthly plan on 4GEE Wifi dongle.

Will this work just like a monthly mobile contract where your data refreshes every month? If you go over this amount then you'll be billed accordingly for the extra?

I just want to double check this before committing.

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Confused about amount of data in 4GEEWifi mthly plan. Will it refresh evrymo

@Scott20  it will refresh each month and you can not go over, if you use all the allowance then you’ll be redirected to a EE web page to purchase a data add on.  

by Scott20 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Confused about amount of data in 4GEEWifi mthly plan. Will it refresh evrymo

Thanks Chris.

Are they easy to setup, for example if we want to sue them at an event? Is
the option to make if wifi enabled (hot spot?) easy to do, and is it just a
matter of plugging the USB into the device you want internet access for if
they want to connect automatically?

Is there any logging in of accounts that has to be done when someone does
this, or do you just set up the router once and it's available for wifi or
hard line whenever needed?

*Scott*

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Scott20  Really easy to set up,  it’s just like your home router but it’s portable.  Access to use the device is exactly the same as your home router.    The only difference is it uses a SIM card to connect to the internet, just like your phone. 

by Scott20 Investigator
Investigator

So you don't have to access a web browser page or anything? I see this in
some of the help guides...

Also, have you used it with a mac, any issues there? I saw the guidance on
this but would be good to hear from another perspective.

Finally, do you know what the difference is in the Mini and the other
version apart from size? I see they offer a Netgear router too which has a
fasted CPU. Do you think this would be needed for the 20 max devices
connecting to it?

Thanks so much for your help so far!

*Scott*

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Scott20  You shouldn’t have any issues with a Mac.   if You mean a web page to connect to the device then you don’t as it’s just like your home router you just need the password phase to connect and that’s it.  

As for the difference between the the 2 a faster CPU would help if there was a lot of devices connected to it. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Scott20 wrote:

for a monthly plan on 4GEE Wifi dongle.

Is it a monthly contract, either 30 day, 12 months or 24 months, or a PAYG data SIM that you need to top-up each month?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Scott20 Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B  thank you for the help.

Why would you need to unlock your device? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Scott20   That’s just a link that is posted below all my comments, It’s not intended for you.  

by Scott20 Investigator
Investigator

OK thanks,

Did I ask what the difference was between a mini and a normal? There are
two offerings on the site and the specs looks the same, except the mini is
smaller!

Also, is there an ethernet cable option should I wish to use this with a
device that doesn't have a USB port or Wifi connection? If not, are there
any adaptors out there that can connect USB to ethernet?

If I was to go for the Home router option, would this just be the box that
would be different and I could still gain the mobile access wherever I took
it? Does it have the sim card holder too so it could act as a mobile router?

*Scott*

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The USB port of the 4GEE WiFi router provides a quasi-Ethernet connection to the PC it's connected to. 

The 4GEE Home Router is mains powered only & is not intended for use on the move, unlike the 4GEE WiFi router. It does have 2 Ethernet ports. Otherwise it's much the same functionally as the 4GEE WiFi router. Both connect to the mobile network by a SIM (hence the '4GEE'). 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Scott20 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks,

So as the 4GEE Wifi router doesn't have an ethernet port, is there an
adaptor you can get to turn USB connection into ethernet in the case I can
only connect via ethernet (if the device connecting to doesn't have a USB
port)?

Scott
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Probably. Look on Amazon for "USB female to Ethernet adapter".

Please stop displaying your personal info in your sig. on a public forum.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.