by devpete
Explorer

Changing password

I have installed a 4GEE router and want to change the password and access the settings. The front page says "Change your 4GEE WiFi device SSID password. Log In". If I click on the link it takes me to the screen where I am asked to enter my administrator password, which I presume is the WiFi Key as per the label on the device. If I enter that I get the message Incorrect Password. I have tried multiple times and even reset the device using the reset button on the side. But every time I get the same Incorrect Password message. Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Changing password

The admin pwd & the WiFi pwd are not the same thing. Try "admin" if the admin pwd is not also on the label.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

The admin pwd & the WiFi pwd are not the same thing. Try "admin" if the admin pwd is not also on the label.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @devpete

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Did typing 'admin' as the password work? Otherwise, as @XRaySpeX said, the admin password should be on the label.

Let us know how you're getting on.

Chris

by devpete
Explorer

Thanks XRaySpeX and Christpher. No the admin password is nowhere on any documentation or cable in my box. Your suggestion worked perfectly and then I could access the User Manual which tells me that admin is the password ...... but of course I couldn't access that section of the menu until I had entered admin initially! Doh! EE could make life a little simpler for us mortals couldn't they? 

But thanks guys - you solved my problem. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting us know that worked @devpete 🙂

I've marked this thread as solved.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions