by DavidLieberman
Explorer

Can you wait 3 weeks to put in a newly activated PAYG SIM and data pack?

Hello, I just recieved a new PAYG SIM card and £15 data pack from one of your shops. The salesperson activated the SIM card, but I have not yet put it in the 4GEE device. Can I wait 3-4 weeks before putting it into my device, or has the 30 day period already started?

Thanks,

David

5 REPLIES 5
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: Can you wait 3 weeks to put in a newly activated PAYG SIM and data pack?

You can wait 3-4 weeks.

by DavidLieberman
Explorer

Thanks!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

PAYG SIMs don't need activating. So I can't think what the salesman could have done.

The pack won't start till you make your 1st call, text or go on the Net.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

When PAYG sims are bought in store, the activation process puts a pending pack onto the account, and adds the top-up.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, as you'd expect as that's what you are buying. More like configuring it to your order rather than activating it,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.