by DavidLieberman
Explorer

Can you wait 3 weeks to put in a newly activated PAYG SIM and data pack?

Hello, I just recieved a new PAYG SIM card and £15 data pack from one of your shops. The salesperson activated the SIM card, but I have not yet put it in the 4GEE device. Can I wait 3-4 weeks before putting it into my device, or has the 30 day period already started?

Thanks,

David

5 REPLIES 5
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: Can you wait 3 weeks to put in a newly activated PAYG SIM and data pack?

You can wait 3-4 weeks.

by DavidLieberman
Explorer

Thanks!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

PAYG SIMs don't need activating. So I can't think what the salesman could have done.

The pack won't start till you make your 1st call, text or go on the Net.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

When PAYG sims are bought in store, the activation process puts a pending pack onto the account, and adds the top-up.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, as you'd expect as that's what you are buying. More like configuring it to your order rather than activating it,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.