by centurian Investigator
Investigator

Can't use my EE data Dongle

Hi

A few weeks ago I bought a second hand Samsung Mini computer and after running it a few times was unable to get a WiFi connection. The person I bought it from vanished into thin air. So I'm stuck with it. I bought a Huawei E3533 and put some data (£30 worth) on it, but now find it will go to the EE website, but won't let me surf the Internet.

Strangely the blue light is on constantly so there is a signal there and data is being exchanged with the website, but there's no way I can get anywhere else. I'f some one has one of these things and its working OK, will they tell me how.

Thanks a lot.

Michael.

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can't use my EE data Dongle

Browse to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status . What does it tell you about your plan, allowances, etc.?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @centurian

You may need to activate a data plan by following the link mentioned by @XRaySpeX

Please do let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

The screen shows I've got £30 worth of data. Well it would as I only topped it up a week ago and haven't been able to get out on the Internet since, except to EE website where I hope EE hasn't been gobling up my data while I've been sat there wondering how to start surfing.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @centurian,

Does it show you have an active data allowance or just a £30 credit balance?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@centurian wrote:

Well it would

Eh? Would but doesn't? What does it say exactly?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I'm not getting very far finding a way to connect with the Internet, but here is a snapshot of the allowances.

Ashampoo_Snap_2017.10.08_10h40m45s_001_.png

by
EE Employee

Hi @centurian

What option are given when you head over to:

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

This is what I getAshampoo_Snap_2017.10.08_15h35m55s_001_.png

And then this shows up telling me I should be signed up to the ISPs service, but I'm already signed up as I have a dongle with 6GB of data slowly running out as I lumber from one forum to the next getting no where.

I'm off to my local EE shop tomorrow and ask them why I'm still not getting out on the net.

Investigator

Sorry I ment to put this capture up as well on the previouse reply.Ashampoo_Snap_2017.10.08_15h44m39s_002_.png

by
EE Employee

Hi @centurian

This is indeed strange, let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to browse to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase when the PC or whatever you are doing it on is not connected to some other WiFi other than your dongle. That's what "Please turn off WiFi to access this platform" is saying.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.