cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Can't connect to the 4GEE server. '4gee.wifi's server could not be reached'.

DazAnslow
Investigator
Investigator

I've been trying to connect to the 4GEE server at 192.168.1.1 today to check who's stealing my data; over 56gb gone in 10 days when I haven't been online that much.

I was able to block one unknown mobile yesterday, but my data is still going down, and now I am unable to connect with the server to see what's going on and block any further intrusion / change my password.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Issues resolved following a lengthy 2 hour chat with the tech's over the phone, and several resets from this end, and from their end.

2 unauthorized devices now blocked, some of my 'stolen' data replaced by EE, for which I'm more than grateful, password changed, and connection secured.

Thanks to both @Leanne_T and @XRaySpeX for you help and input, it's very much appreciated.

Regards, Daz

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Which server? Do you mean the router's admin pages?

Didn't you have a secure pwd on it?

Factory reset it using the pinhole near the SIM slot & then set secure admin & WiFi pwds.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yeah sorry, the admin page at http://192.168.1.1; I can't even get the login page, just a message saying the server can't be reached.

I've been using the secure password which came on the 'Keep Me' card which came with the router and have had no problem for the past 7-8months, but this month (well the past 10 days), my 50GB data has just disappeared, and so as the majority of the 10GB add-on I purchased yesterday, and I've hardly been online, and haven't downloaded/streamed anything at all.

I got access to the admin page yesterday as was able to block an unknown iPhone connection.

I've carried out a rest on the modem, but still have no access to the admin page.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @DazAnslow

Thanks for coming to the community.

Are you using the 4GEE WiFi Mini?

If so, could you try the steps on the EE Help page for how to perform a master reset and see if you can access the admin page?

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T,

I have carried out both Hardware and Software resets several times as per the instructions and still no joy; I am still unable to connect to the admin pages.

Hardware reset results in the following message: -'This site cannot be reached, http://192.168.1.1 is unreachable', and Software resets results in either of the following messages, 'This site cannot be reached, 192.168.1.1 took too long to respond', or 'This site cannot be reached, 4gee WiFi's server IP address could not be found'.

It's baffling, I was able to login yesterday without problem.

Regards

Leanne_T

Hi @DazAnslow

Thanks for coming back to me.

Are you able to connect any device to the 4GEE WiFi?

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T 

Yeah, both my Laptop and iPhone have been connected most of today, until now that is, another 4Gb of data gone leaving me without data again, that's 60Gb of data gone in the space of 10 days, and I've hardly been online, and haven't downloaded or streamed anything, and without being able to get onto the admin page, I can't see what's going on or whether someone is using my data without permission.

This is so frustrating, and now that I have to put more data on, getting very expensive.

Regards

Leanne_T

Hi @DazAnslow

Thanks for coming back to me.

If you get in touch with our Tech Gurus, they can help you get this looked into and help you with your data usage.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Are you able to connect any device to it by WiFi since the resets? If so, from that device, login to your MBB router at http://192.168.1.1 with username/pwd as "admin"/"admin" or with the password found under the battery cover.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)