by JoshA20 Investigator
Investigator

Can I watch Amazon Prime Video on my ipad using my Phone Hotspot, With the Deal?

Hi there, So I'm going on holiday in a couple days down to Lanzarote, And was wondering If I could use my Personal Hotspot on my phone, To watch Amazon Prime video, While not using any of my data?

(I am on the EE & Amazon prime video deal.)

TL:DR Can I watch my ipad on prime video without using data with the ee & amazon deal. (Personal Hotspot)

7 REPLIES 7
by JoshA20 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Can I watch Amazon Prime Video on my ipad using my Phone Hotspot, With the D

p.s Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, I couldn't find anything that related much.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I watch Amazon Prime Video on my ipad using my Phone Hotspot, With the D

@JoshA20   Sorry no it’s only  applicable while you’re in the UK.  If you did this outside the UK it would use your data allowance. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JoshA20,

Welcome to the EE Community.

You can use the EE Video Data Pass in the UK and anywhere your plan allows for inclusive roaming, which means you can use the pass in all EU member countries.

However, the Video Data Pass is not designed for use when tethering so we can't guarantee that any data you use when tethering will be zero rated.

Thanks

James

by JoshA20 Investigator
Investigator

Hi James,

So what you are basically saying is that you do not know?

Alright, Cheers for the responce, I will test it out. Any chance you could ask someone higher up? or someone else just for clarification, My Son would really like to watch this Although he does not have his own phone or Data allowance.

It would all be on the same account.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@JoshA20  You have been given the official policy, which is all you will get from anyone at EE.  The pass is not designed for use when tethering, but chances are it will work and be ok.

I suspect EE are avoiding saying it's allowed because as soon as they say something like that, there's a few people that would ruin it for everyone else. It allows EE to stop it if they need to, because it wasn't policy in the first place.

Try it for a small time and check the data allowance, see if it's decreased.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JoshA20 

I would add, if in the EU and the data pass doesn't work: 

If your domestic data allowance is greater than 15GB, you will be subject to a fair usage policy of 15GB whilst you are roaming in our Europe Zone: this means you can use a maximum of 15GB from your data allowance while roaming.

When the fair usage policy applies to you, once you have used up 15GB when roaming, we will notify you and surcharges will apply if you want to keep using data when roaming.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by JoshA20 Investigator
Investigator

@JoshA20  You have been given the official policy, which is all you will get from anyone at EE.  The pass is not designed for use when tethering, but chances are it will work and be ok.

I suspect EE are avoiding saying it's allowed because as soon as they say something like that, there's a few people that would ruin it for everyone else. It allows EE to stop it if they need to, because it wasn't policy in the first place.

Try it for a small time and check the data allowance, see if it's decreased.

Alright, That makes sense, Thanks for the input. I tried it for like 30 seconds with HD. Nothing seems to have changed, But we will see when we leave for holiday.

Cheers!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.