1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Can I use 4GEE WIFI abroad?

Good morning @Camford1995

Welcome back to the community 🙂

Just in addition to the information @XRaySpeX has given to you, it may be worth checking out our DATA USE AND ADD-ONS help and support pages.

If you're going abroad, you'll need to check that roaming is enabled before you go.

For 4GEE devices you can do this in your Connection Manager.

Connect using Buzzard or Kite

Make sure you're connected to the 4G network then:

1. Go here or type http://192.168.1.1 into your browser's address bar to log into Connection Manager
  2. Once you're logged in to Connection Manager, go to Settings > Dial up  > Mobile connection

Connect using Osprey

Please make sure you're connected to the 4G network then:

1. Go here or type http://192.168.1.1 into your browser's address bar to go to connection manager
  2. Once you'e logged in to Connection Manager you go to: Connection > Connection Mode

Then you’ll have two options:

• manual - the device will only connect to the internet when you click the "connect" button on the Connection Status page
  • automatic - the device automatically connects to the internet when the device is switched on

For ease of roaming, ensure that automatic is selected an the box is ticked. 

Tablets

For tablets, you can change your roaming settings in your tablet settings. 

Anything else you need just please give us a shout and I hope to see you back in community again soon.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, while paying roaming rates.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Good morning @Camford1995

Welcome back to the community 🙂

Just in addition to the information @XRaySpeX has given to you, it may be worth checking out our DATA USE AND ADD-ONS help and support pages.

If you're going abroad, you'll need to check that roaming is enabled before you go.

For 4GEE devices you can do this in your Connection Manager.

Connect using Buzzard or Kite

Make sure you're connected to the 4G network then:

1. Go here or type http://192.168.1.1 into your browser's address bar to log into Connection Manager
  2. Once you're logged in to Connection Manager, go to Settings > Dial up  > Mobile connection

Connect using Osprey

Please make sure you're connected to the 4G network then:

1. Go here or type http://192.168.1.1 into your browser's address bar to go to connection manager
  2. Once you'e logged in to Connection Manager you go to: Connection > Connection Mode

Then you’ll have two options:

• manual - the device will only connect to the internet when you click the "connect" button on the Connection Status page
  • automatic - the device automatically connects to the internet when the device is switched on

For ease of roaming, ensure that automatic is selected an the box is ticked. 

Tablets

For tablets, you can change your roaming settings in your tablet settings. 

Anything else you need just please give us a shout and I hope to see you back in community again soon.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.