by Shampoochies

Can I connect a 2.4ghz security camera to my router and if so ,how?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I connect a 2.4ghz security camera to my router and if so ,how?

Hi @Shampoochies 

Does it not connect via WiFi?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Which router? I think many cameras use WPS to connect over WiFi. It should tell you in its instructions.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Shampoochies ,

Welcome to the community,

Yes you can, just make sure whilst setting up your security camera, that your router is connected to the 2.4ghz WiFi on your router. Once all set-up change back to 5ghz. I have done this light bulbs and ring doorbell 2.

Your camera should come with instructions how to set this up. You will also need an app to be able to view the pictures and videos live wherever you are, it should tell you which app you should use.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.