by bazcad Contributor
Contributor

Can EE signal box be used with 4GEE home Wi-Fi router

14 REPLIES 14
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Can EE signal box be used with 4GEE home Wi-Fi router

I know of others who have got it to work without any issues yes!

by bazcad Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Peter. Do you happen to know if it is possible to register a second hand signal box from eBay ?

by
EE Community Team

Hi @bazcad,

You wouldn't be able to register a signal box to your account from eBay I'm afraid.

They are linked to a customer's account and can only be registered there.

Alex

by bazcad Contributor
Contributor

Okay thanks Alex.

by
EE Community Team

@bazcad,

Was there a reason you needed the signal box at home?

Do you have fixed home broadband with EE at home too?

Alex 🙂

by bazcad Contributor
Contributor

Hi Alex, I have just taken out 2 contract on a 4GEE Wi-Fi router and a pay monthly contract sim only. The router picks up a great signal in my windowsill but my phone signal is virtually non existent inside the house. Any ideas on improving this please?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bazcad.  Does your device support WiFi calling as you could use that. 

by bazcad Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chris, it's a HTC One m8. I'm not sure if it does. If it dies Would I still need to  contact EE to get Wi-Fi calling set up? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bazcad. Unfortunately that device doesn’t support WiFi calling. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If the router gets a good signal but the phone doesn't, why not just connect the phone to the router over WiFi?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by bazcad Contributor
Contributor

Hi Xrayspecs, my phone doesn't have Wi-Fi calling option. I'm looking into buying a new phone 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm not talking about WiFi Calling but just connecting over ordinary WiFi. That will cover your data requirements but you'll still need to make calls & texts from the phone but they don't usually require such a strong signal.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by bazcad Contributor
Contributor

Hi xrayspecs, I want to leave my mobile phone able to make and receive calls while connected to the 4GEE router when i am at home because i have no mobile signal on my phone unless i am sitting at a particular window sill.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.