by ecaps1 Contributor
Contributor

Bought a £1 pack, next day start to use... log in and it says it's run out...

Bought a £1 pack to use for a week on Friday night, intending to use it on Saturday morning... this morning, logged in, used it for a minute maybe... and suddenly it shows the message that I need to top up.  Can't have used up 100Mb in the few minutes...  but as I was in a rush, just bought another £1 pack.  It showed on the EE page that was visible (saying I'd run out of Mb) that another £1 had been used, leaving me on 0... and yet instantly says that it's all been used up.

Cannot call EE as there's no credit left, I only had £2 on there, used one... and then used the last... but have got nothing from it.

Can this be looked into please?  Can't understand what's happened, and can't call as it costs 25p.. which I don't have on the account.  Had to use a different SIM to get access to the internet as don't have access at home at the moment due to a fault.  

It says:

£1 Data Pack

7 days | 10 minutes | 100 MB | 10 texts

..on the add ons page it says:

Add-ons currently in use   100MB data add-on 100MB UK data, 3G and 4G, for up to 7 days, 7-days, expires 11 Feb 2017

... on another page:

Your allowance
Data
0 MB
left of  200 MB

How can I have used all the data in a minute!  ...Twice!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Bought a £1 pack, next day start to use... log in and it says it's run out..

Hello @ecaps1 sorry to hear you are having problems with your data allowances. Try restarting the phone then texting the code AL to 150 to check the refreshed allowances or using the http://add-on.ee.co.uk link.

Due to this being a public user forum access to accounts is not allowed to check why or what has happened to your data allowance through here, but you should still be able to call customer service on 07953 966 250 from another phone (lines open at 8am) who can look into this for you. 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Bought a £1 pack, next day start to use... log in and it says it's run out..

Hello @ecaps1 sorry to hear you are having problems with your data allowances. Try restarting the phone then texting the code AL to 150 to check the refreshed allowances or using the http://add-on.ee.co.uk link.

Due to this being a public user forum access to accounts is not allowed to check why or what has happened to your data allowance through here, but you should still be able to call customer service on 07953 966 250 from another phone (lines open at 8am) who can look into this for you. 🙂 

by ecaps1 Contributor
Contributor

Trying to text... sent the text but it still looks like it's sending now after 2 mins.  

*pause*

After 4 mins I get a reply that my balance is £0.00.  Said to text "BA" to get the info on the allowance, but it just says "Sorry we are unable to process your request, we are aware of the problem so please try again a little later."

Will have to call, from another phone, which has credit, at the expensive mobile to mobile rate?   Not good, considering it's already cost me £2 for EE.  Now I have to pay to get this sorted.  Pft.

Edit: oh and thank you for your reply, but I don't see how this is marked as a solution, it's not solved the issue.  It's telling me what to do, to check it myself. At cost.  So not so much an answer.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @ecaps1 I am sorry this is still not working for you. Calling the number mentioned above is classed as a standard mobile number and should be included in any minutes allowances that cover these (check with the network first). If you are struggling to get through to customer service try the freephone number 0800 956 6000 from your EE phone options 2, 2 after inputting your mobile number. 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.